Premier by Original VIP

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Joe_n_Lizz, Feb 3, 2017.

1. SimpleRegret

SimpleRegret Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I knew about the sale, I made a post on here telling ppl about it but never thought Premier would do the free night due to I’m in a contract...so never called about it

2. shortntall

shortntall Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 2
    We did the same, called to ask about the secret sale to apply to existing reservation. I think its ridiculous that it is not communicated to premier members. Regardless, they honoured the secret sale and we are paying 200$/nite per couple.

3. John walker

John walker Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Please read response in Google maps under ripoff . Temptation and premier by original are not honest companies.

4. John walker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Please read post on Temptation in Google maps . Temptation and premier by original are not honest companies.

5. John walker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

6. John walker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    They breached my contract 3 times,read reviews Google maps under ripoff.l have 493 nights left on the upgraded contract,and it's good for 16 more years.Its definitely available.

7. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Ha kind of funny to call it a ripoff, say it sucks, 4 times and then offer to sell yours lol
    you're killing the value of what you are selling :)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. John walker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm being honest with a potential buyer .if you read the review ,it is honest.these people give no legal recourse,and profeco has no teeth .if anyone wants to buy it caveat emptor .

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    I would point out to you and the people who'd believe that simply because it was written that how business is done in the United States and Canada is not really how business works in Mexico on several levels.

Apples do not equal oranges, though both are fruit, and you can make juice out of either. It's hard to make an orange pie, or an apple smoothie.

In Mexico, Caveat Emptor still controls much of business and contracts. In the U.S. and Canada, lazy and/or unintelligent people are much more protected by law. Not saying that Mexico's right, I'm saying it is "a thing."

Caveat Emptor | Meaning of Caveat Emptor by Lexico

You wouldn't buy your house without running an appraisal, to check the sales prices as against the market to make sure that what you're getting is what they're asking for... would you? You'd not buy the same house without having it inspected so as to make sure the quality was as represented would you?

The thought process we still have in both U.S. and Canada on purchasing a home (or other real estate) still pervades most of buyer/seller transactions in Mexico. They still operate at ground level on very much a barter/bargaining/negotiation standpoint, where we farther north just see a sticker price... and 99% of us just stop and say mentally, "OK, that's the prrice I have to pay I guess..." and we either buy or not buy.

So.... just putting it out there that they (Original and/or Premier, same-same to me though I understand they've got some corporate differentiation) are not "dishonest," in the sense intended by the comment above and the mentioned review... they operate from the standpoint that it is the customer's responsibility to protect his/her self. Following the logic... and I admitthe first time Stacia & I bought in, we got exactly what we asked for..... and we didn't know,at that time, what we coulda and/or shoulda asked for. Is it the owner's "fault" that they didn't tell us? In U.S., maybe, they might have a legally-imposed "Duty to Disclose," or an "implied warranty of suitability or merchantability." But.... in Mexico? Not so much.

Different cultures, different rules.

And... oh yes. I'm a quick study. I felt all good, warm, and smoothy on my membership when I got it. Ahem. Then, later on downt he road, I discovered CancunCare.com... and started having PM discussions with other members....

Let's just say when I went back, having parsed through my contract line-by-line... it was rewarding to have to have the sales manager come over and sit down to finish up my upgrade over to DRM, read through and approve my requests. I'd learned what was possible nd put together the changes I personally wanted, gave them back something that helped them justify it, and it worked. So, dishonest? In my opinion, considering the above... no. Sharp? Sure... but not dishonest. Not in my experience anyway.

10. John walker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you look at my review,you will see that every problem that I had comes down to one single entity.The booking agents at Temptation screwed up every single issue I presented.They didn't/ wouldn't book me twice,they lied to me when I asked to receive payment for Referrals,they messed up transportation on another occasion and the management team has refused any responsibility.Thats dishonest.Over the 11 years that I have owned this they communicated with me twice,once when they remodeled,once when a payment got lost in the mail.This contract has 16 years left on it,493 nights in an ocean view studio,no maintenance fees,and they are no longer honoring Referrals (I had 6/year).I don't want to do business with them anymore,and I believe that anyone who had been through what they put me through would feel the same.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice