Dominican Resort Property Pics

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by jnine, Apr 21, 2020.

1. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,829 / 3
    After learning the new Dominican property was to be built near a town called Miches, I went to Google maps to check it out a bit. I really like the feature where you can drop the little person icon on the street and get the feel for a new area. Just something I like to do because it lets a person see a bit of the world they haven't been before. When I attempted to do that in Miches, I learned Google has apparently not mapped much of it yet. There are very few points that allow you the 3-D view, other than a sleepy beach hotel called the Coco-Loco Beach club. What was interesting in a deserted place next door, and then to my surprise, a property listed as the future Desire Resort popped up!. They're already identified on Google Maps! Trip Advisor has quite a few pics of the Coco Loco Beach club and some reviews, along with some beach pics. As for the abandoned resort next door, at first I thought it was under construction, but after looking closer, there are no work vehicles, and the grass has grown back in around all the buildings. Only one of the buildings has a roof, and most have green brush / trees showing inside. Clearly it has been abandoned for some time. The entrance to the property showed similar conditions with a building there. The only work on-site appears to be a bulldozer and a truck dumping sand / debris at the north end of the property. This is immediately next to the Desire property. Does anyone suppose the new resort might be a rehab of this existing abandoned / unfinished property? Either way, I think the sleepy Coco Loco Beach CLub might be in for a bit of a shock with the new neighbors. I have included several pics to show the Desire property and location.

NOTE... I have attempted to paste the photos into this thread, but they are not appearing. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. They show up when I did the original thread layout, but not when posted. Perhaps they need to be approved by Admin?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  2. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,137 / 3
    about 1 hr and 20 minutes from the airport. or about 60 miles (100 kilometers). A little bit farther than Cancun airport to Akumal, but not as far as Tulum.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    Here is the latest imagery using Google Earth Pro (it allows high resolution image saves). The location certainly matches what the Premier model shows and it is not located right on the beach.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,829 / 3
    Yes that is exactly what I found. You can see the small rooms of the Coco Loco hotel / resort to the right, and on Google maps the property immediately to the left of the semi-abandoned hotel is listed as a future Desire. However, Google maps is slightly off sometimes. Are you thinking, or do you know if the abandoned looking resort is actually the new Desire / Temptation? The small canal between the property and the ocean would be an obstacle to overcome, but it's still going to be quite a walk to the water. That canal is probably at least 100' wide. I am wondering if the new Desire / Temptation will be a rehab job of a previous resort or unfinished resort, because that's what this property looks like. There is a LOT of green inside and around those buildings for it to be new construction, and no crew trucks in sight. It sure looks like it's been sitting with no activity for quite a while.

5. Headstone

Headstone Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    Google images can be up to a year behind the actual. Its hard to know for certain when that image was taken.

6. Headstone

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    Ya looks like the images may be even older than that. I looked for TTR on Google Earth and its still the old version of the resort

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I had heard that the site was an existing hotel and that it would need to be removed before they could start building. So, a new build not a reno.

Is there a date for the pic? Some Google Map images are pretty old.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Not sure what you did wrong, but no there isn't any admin approval for post uploads - only media albums. Cokewithlime's pic seemed to work ok.

9. Headstone

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    However on google maps the area to the left of the abandoned resort says Future Desire

TTR on maps was the new version

10. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    Hi Steve - the general imagery on both Google Maps and Google Earth just show what I posted above and is from mid 2018.

However, I did dig deeper into Google Earth Pro and found the very latest imagery taken on Nov 25, 2019 (posted below)

This shows that there has been at least some progress in that most of the older structures have been removed and the land graded for new construction.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice