Ama - Ask Me Anything

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, Apr 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I'm not sure there are enough people to support both at full occupancy. I think many will give it a try because it will be new, but many of those same people will forego a TTR Cancun trip to do so. It's not like the DR is geographically placed to capture a different segment of the market, like maybe Cabo would.

The week of the cruise the hotel was pretty full, as were the boobs cruises (which usually correlate to hotel occupancy levels). The No Bra Club were there with 100+ people, and it didn't seem much different to any other week in Feb.

2. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    Thanks Steve for your honest response! All this saddens me deeply...I feel like so many have become like family to me! ~Leah

3. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    We would probably check out TTR DR at least once but flights are so much easier and cheaper to Cancun than DR it wouldn't make much sense.

4. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    Would like to hear your info on why TTR Cabo was sold? We attended that 2 years in a row before going to Cancun. Heard many assumptions but never heard from someone that had connections to "the family" ;). LOL just cant understand why that decision made sense then and why they are not there yet again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    I wish we had made it to Cabo to see the giant hot tub so many raved about. I am wondering if doing business on that side of Mexico is much different than in the Yucatan. Having been to Cabo and down that coast of Mexico a few times, they have the same flag but seem to be a long way apart any way you look at it. As a premier destination though, Cabo would seem to be an obvious choice for west coast peeps. We have so many friends there who love to head down to Cabo just because it is far easier for them.

6. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    And the weather in Cabo is stable, sunny and hot

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I wouldn't say I'm 'connected' to the family. I know several of them, but they don't share business secrets with me :) Had a few questions like that and can only give an opinion that is as valid/invalid as anyone else.

Re Cabo, I thought the main reason was because there was a huge high rise hotel being built next door that would have put a whole dampener on the topless aspect. Would have meant people leering from the adjacent hotel inhibiting people from being topless and effectively 'killing' the concept.

They have mentioned plans about a future resort in Cabo, but it seems that it comes after Miches in the expansion timeline.

8. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    The Cabo location was never "sold". Original Group never "owned" the property.

They(Original Group) had a lease to operate the property for 5 years with an option to renew the lease for another 5 years. After the first five years and after trying various business models during that time, they decided that the location was just not profitable for them to continue and decided to not renew the lease and closed their operations in Cabo.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  9. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    Interesting. You would sure think that with easy access for the large west coast population centers in the U.S. and Vancouver B.C. it would have developed quite a good following. It's a lot easier for them to get on a plane and be in Cabo than it is to find their way to the Caribbean. And there is no adult themed resorts down there that I know of, at least on any medium to large scale. It would seem they would practically run the market.

10. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    You would think so, however even with the expertise of the Original group and trying both the Desire and Temptation concepts at the Cabo property over the 5 year run it all comes down to the old travel adage of "heads in beds"

From what I understand over the course of the 5 year lease, the weekends where relatively OK but for the rest of the week it was extremely light - for a small specialty property the week over week occupancy averages have to be in the 60% and up range in order to be profitable.

Sure it was a fairly short air flight for the left coasters but for the rest of the country Cabo has poor air connections(compared to Cancun) and more expensive and longer flight times and I suppose less buy in from the rest of the country for travel to Cabo vs Cancun ....

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice