Ama - Ask Me Anything

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, Apr 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Steve, do you have any idea how they picked the designer for the remodel? Who green lighted some off the odd chair designs, and do they have regrets about it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    I agree those chairs at the pool are horrible. The ones at bash are also but those tables with the sloped edge, someone was smoking some crack.

3. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    Hi Steve~ whats your opinion on the staff and handling this lay-off, many who are living or have lived in Cancun just to work at TTR....some for many years. Is there any governmental, resort, etc... help or forgiveness of their living cost during these tough times?? I’m concerned about so many great staff/friends we have there!!

Thanks Steve~ Leah

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Having been on that cruise, and knowing the OP, I think the thread took on such a life of it’s own it was like watching a really good reality tv show. Firstly, the OP was very much not like what came off in the thread. It came off that he was a prude and/or judgmental and in real life he is the furthest from those. It became at one time a debate on what is appropriate vs not on a cruise then a debate on whether it had to do with good looking vs not. Then about how ones activities effect others enjoyment. All heavy, but entertaining, topics. Made it seem like the cruise was one big battle of sex vs no sex and in reality it really wasn’t too different than any other cruise. I think the thread and the viewpoints portrayed in the thread made it sound like it was not representative of a normal cruise and that is what you are reacting to as the cruise itself really wasn’t very unique.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Mike and Ang

Mike and Ang Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0

Good info on both questions. Thanks for taking the time. And...sorry about the nationality mix up, I actually knew you from UK, just slipped my mind.
    Hope all are staying safe and we can get back soon!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2020
  6. Andrea&Mike

Andrea&Mike Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Steve, clearly and most likely this is fully an opinion based answer. Given the current economic climate of the world, how strongly do you feel the TTR Dominican resort to come will be basically scrapped and put to bed? If not, clearly with the difficulties it’s had in getting off the ground in normal conditions, I’d suppose if it moved forward it’s 5 years-ish away from reality?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    We’ve been wondering about the DR resort also? But the writing is on the wall .... It isn’t going to happen...maybe?

Are there enough TTR/desires folks to support new two large resorts?

how was TTR the week of the cruise? Full/ empty/mellow/the same?

will the TTR crowd try DR if it ever opened? We enjoy our TTR friends, a lot, we would need to get a few of our core group to try it with us.

It’s hard to recreate something especial.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    No I don't know how they found Karim Rashid. His designs are all a very similar style, so I guess the powers that be looked at his previous work and decided they liked it. I'd expect they started with several options and whittled them down to a final one.

9. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    There's no Government support financially, food packages delivered to the very needy is the only assistance I'm aware of.

I'm not sure how the hotel is dealing with the situation in terms of salaries etc. Some staff members have been retained to clean and general maintain the place. Some have left for other jobs, and I know of a few that have been let go. Much will depend on length of service, but if I tried to answer further I'd just be guessing.

10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    It won't have been accelerated by the current crisis that's for sure.

The company do seem to have ambitious expansion plans that have been widely publicized, but am not sure why progress appears to be so slow in DR.

I last spoke about it to one of the owners way back in October, he told me they had broken ground there. But I don't believe everything they tell me.

With no one driving by daily like during the Cancun renovation, and the hotel remaining tight-lipped publicly no outsiders really know for sure.

I know Patric (the GM) worked for many years in the DR hotel industry and half of me thinks that might be one of the many reasons he was hired.

I do think 5 years away is unlikely. I'd expect it to be completed sooner than that.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice