Ama - Ask Me Anything

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, Apr 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Here's my problem. I actually laugh to myself when I type it, and do it in a hurry afraid someone will beat me to it. I guess I have limited entertainment around me... lol

Probably why the joke doesn't get across that well.

2. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    Hi Steve
    Are there days when you say, I just don’t feel like going on another Boobs Cruise?
    How much do you and Chinos hang out?
    Is Chinos going to be more involved with Temptation? He was fantastic on the cruise. Just wondering if they realized what an entertainer he is. Or if he is interested at all?
    Thanks

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    If I'm not feeling well or have an appointment then I don't go. If the weather is particularly bad then I sometimes skip it. I also prefer not to go without Jannet, we have two kids and sometimes we can't arrange for them to get home from school, or they have birthday parties they need to get to etc so one of us or both need to stay home. One or both of us are always at the check in, unless we are out of the country.

I do try to treat it like a job though, so even if I don't fancy it or Jannet isn't going I usually still do. If there are 8 in a month I'll probably do 6 and Jannet maybe 4.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  4. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Not a huge amount. Chinos usually comes over to ours on Christmas Day or if we are having a birthday party - Sara and Omar too.

We are kind of different people, Chinos wakes early and goes to bed early, I'm the opposite. He is out and about a lot with his charity work and goes to the movies quite a bit. I tend to stay at home. Neither of us go out to bars and clubs often. I/we like to go to the hotel some evenings, but Chinos tends to get mobbed if he goes so rarely does.

5. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I doubt it. He's always done the Original Resorts cruises and likely will continue to, but I doubt he'll ever work at the hotel again on a regular basis. He did 15 years or so full time there, it's in his past now.

The hotel have advertised him as being around for their "old timers weekends" in September but when I spoke to him about it the hotel hadn't even asked him yet.

Chinos, Sara and Omar each work 6 days a month for us on the cruise and each month they make around the same as a hotel playmaker makes in 3 months working 6 days a week.

They are all single and don't have huge outgoings. Their schedule allows for plenty of free time to do other things they enjoy; Chinos his charity work, Sara her cat adoptions and Omar chilling at beach clubs and hotel pools. They all travel abroad a fair bit and are free to work extra jobs if they want to.

It's a pretty good gig.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  6. Chails

Chails Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    Speaking of the pool...How often do they drain it? Or maybe I don't want to know that answer.

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Rarely, if at all during normal operation. They took the opportunity to spruce things up while no guests were there.

I'm no pool expert, but how often does anyone drain a pool in a hot climate?

Water quality is maintained by chemicals. We have had ours drained once in 5 years, that was only because some floor tiles had come loose and there were sharp edges.

8. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    Steve, the running buffet thread is epic. Over more than a decade of running this forum, what are the threats that should be in the CCC hall of fame?

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I'm pretty sure Steve cringes a little every time that thread is mentioned. I feel like I can picture the exact look on his face.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Haha, it is one of the all-time great threads from many years ago.

The guy that posted it asked me to lock it. He stopped going to TTR several years back yet and also stopped visiting the forum, but was still getting PM's about it regularly.

The thread would disappear for 6 months and then someone would bump it back to the top starting a whole new slew of comments and messages to him. He was also kind of embarrassed after the event, as it made him look bad.

I was happy to close it because I didn't feel it was very representative of how the cruise is now, or even then. It's still there somewhere, but I couldn't find it on a quick search or I would have linked it for entertainment purposes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice