Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I switched to Aug 7th. Guess we will see what happens.

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    If you walk into any ER, in the USA, indicating heart attack symptoms, no matter your origin of citizenship, you will be treated. What happened to this man is horrific. There are no excuses. Comparing a planned treatment to a true emergency is not a fair comparison. In fact it is reprehensible.

3. LandJ01

LandJ01 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    We have the same plan/mentality when it comes to when to book out trip. Things are changing at such a rapid pace right now that I think it's better for us to book on "shorter" notice and just a couple weeks in advance. Hoping to be able to go later this year, but we will see how things progress. Crossing our fingers that it will be sooner rather than later!

4. RedSkiBums

RedSkiBums Guru Registered Member

Some town in the hinterland of BC, Canada
    Ratings:
    +1,415 / 8
    We consider ourselves fortunate to have pulled the pin early and only "lost" a one-night credit with TTR and ~$1500 with Westjet, both at this point good for one year. If the current situation continues for another few months we expect those timelines will be extended accordingly. If we had to roll the dice today we'd bet on taking the kids for a Learn To Surf vacation in Sayulita, Mexico next spring.

5. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Saw on MSNBC today that there is hope for a vaccine to be ready for the public next spring! 3 vaccines are already in human trials.

6. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Mexico extends stay-at-home measures until May 30

From CNN’s Natalie Gallón

Mexico will extend its stay-at-home measures until May 30 as the country continues mitigation efforts against the spread of coronavirus, Deputy Health Secretary Dr. Hugo López-Gatell said during the daily morning press briefing today.

Ongoing safety measures include keeping schools closed, practicing safe distance and protecting the high-risk population. He said government officials will extend safety measures in areas with low coronavirus transmission to May 17, López-Gatell said.

“In all cases, on June 1, we will recover in a staggered manner, in an organized way, the activities, economic, social and public life,” López-Gatell said adding that this all depends on the projections at the time and on citizens continuing to comply with the safety protocols.
    Mexico has 5,847 confirmed cases of coronavirus and 449 deaths, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University.

[Posted a hour ago on CNN.com]

7. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Canadian government announced yesterday that the Can/US border will remain closed at least another 30 days.

8. Steve & Kay

Steve & Kay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,930 / 1
    When in September will you be there?

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Question.... are you saying that the comparison, to draw out the differences between Mexico emergency health care law & policy and that in the U.S. itself is reprehensible... comparing the two? That part is reprehensible? Or, are you saying that how Mexico seems to do it, witht he apparent "the ambulance takes you to a for-profit hospital" thing as compared to where you Will get assistance, prior to finding about payment... that part is the reprehensible part?

Just trying to figure out if we actually agree, or... the other thing.

10. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    We agree, demanding payment prior to treatment in a true life or death situation. Did not to intend to compare health care by country. Steve compared a planned procedure and the heart attack on equal terms, which they are not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice