Ttr Bod Motivation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jessica, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Curious1

Curious1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    OMG you had me LMAO! Yes, for sure a female!

2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    @Curious1 ...well thank you for your motivational post!
    And others here too...in all seriousness.
    We actually did it last night.
    We did forgo the ice cream party last night and hit our gym.
    Hey, it was a start and that IS the hard part...getting back to it.
    Actually looking forward to it again tonight already.
    Thank you once again and am looking forward to that photographic evidence ;)

3. Curious1

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    That is awesome!! So proud of you both! The first step is the hardest for sure! We got this! Photos will come for sure. You both do the same fair is fair haha

4. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    It’s times like this I wish I had been a little more financially responsible in my youth so I could have a house with space for a “gym.” My apartment doesn’t have a good space to keep all this stuff, so I have to set it up and then clean it up. Lazy girl problems.

I almost impulse bought a house yesterday. Desperate times...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Curious1

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    we have business in another state from where we live. We currently are staying in an apartment when we are there for business. There is no gym like we have at home. The thousand rep challenge that I am doing requires no weights no equipment do a search on it it's great!

6. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Improvising is key for many people looking to work out these days. No gym means I am now running around my neighborhood in the morning for cardio. Due to limited weight options at home, I am giving occlusion band training a try to make the most of my weights. I have several body building friends who now are having to settle for at-home workouts. The key is to keep your eye on the prize and be willing to try something new to get yourself there :)

7. Curious1

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    So, this last year and a half I had put on about 15 lb. On February 19th I started to take my health seriously again. I started cutting out the processed sugars and useless carbs. I started jogging and doing more cardio. And just started the thousand rep challenge 9 days ago. I know this is not a sexy picture lol but I can already see a difference. Picture on the left was taken on February 19th the one on the right today. Definitely a work in progress and about 25 more pounds to go.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    The above is motivating/inspiring.

A thought occurred to me yesterday, actually, several thoughts in a row, seemingly disconnected but obviously my subconscious was trying to get me to do something.

About ten years ago I was probably in my 2nd best shape of my life (the 1st best was when I was playing college hoops, which makes sense). But, about 10 years ago I was actively competing in judo tournaments, and training quite regularly with judo & BJJ, and part of that training was the road work. I was averaging about 25 miles a week (6 miles x 4 days of running per week, plus a bit of sprint work).

But, running takes time. And, due to my eyeball issues I need to run pretty much at Noon, when the sun is most directly overhead so I get good contrast between curb and street.

But that time is right when I'm normally (key word there) really gettin' things dun... at the office.

Except I'm not at the office. As a matter of fact, I'm not doing much of anything about Noon each day for the past 3 weeks-ish.

Huh.

So, starting the running again, today. Thank goodness it's not 90F like it was yesterday down here in Houston...

I'll start today with two miles and let y'all know how it goes.

9. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    We’re getting some “cold” weather next week! I’ll definitely be walking my dog more...much to her chagrin. She only likes walking around the apartment building...no extra blocks.

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    As promised, the check-in post-run.

So, full of P & V I head out for the run, armed with my New Balance distance shoes and running clothes, and I'm off!

Except I get to the corner and it's so damn cloudy outside I can't tell where the damn corner is. Fun being legally-blind. But, also being detrimentally-stubborn, I stuck it out for a mile. Of course a couple of times I found myself in the middle of the street... a couple other times tripped a bit on a curb, fun things like that.

So, I exercised greater maturity of judgment and stopped at the 1 mile. Went upstairs and attacked the endliss hill (i.e. the treadmill) for about an hour. So, something.

And something, my friends, is better than nothing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice