Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    Inside the US states haven’t acted in concert. Some states appear to have flattened out. While other exponentially increase at the same time.

I don’t think it makes much sense to lift restrictions until each state has stabilized. That leads to me believe nothing will happen until the a 1-2 months after the last moderately impacted state invokes state level stay at home orders.

2. NewAgain

NewAgain Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 3
    Booked Desire RM mid August.. I feel pretty good about that right now.. got trip insurance for $100 just in case. We will see!

3. Spicy

Spicy Spicy is the Variety of Life Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,263 / 3
    I want to be with you when the world ends!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Spicy

Spicy Spicy is the Variety of Life Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,263 / 3
    This is EXACTLY what my liquor cabinet would look like if money were no object. Please remember me in your will, LOL

5. Andrea&Mike

Andrea&Mike Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    I love how when you post something and don’t declare it fact, it’s taken as a hard and fast rule. I didn’t say this is edict and this is how it shall be as supreme ruler of the world. Jesus people, yes, I do realize there is a world outside the US. But I live in the US, so therefore that’s all I can speak on. And yes, it was something I heard, not something I said was in fact policy, law or otherwise. Some of you need to do a little self evaluation and relax.

6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    ??? assume this was in response to Len’s post?

7. spotme

spotme Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 1
    I am an ER physician and I honestly do not know. As many have pointed out, surges and peaks in infection rates will vary by location. Some conservative? estimates are that some areas will not see their peak till May to early June, which makes me think planning for May might be a little on the optimistic side. But, I do think there is some value in leveraging your optimism for cheaper flights and hotel stays, using those savings to offset potential losses from possible cancellations. Joining you all in the optimism, would love to see people get their jobs back, their regular lives back, their other partners back....but mostly, want to see those boobs back at the pool. Stay safe, stay healthy, hope to see some of you soon. Chao

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I plan on booking some flights via American Airlines by the end of April for the fall as their policy is if you book by April 30th for any date within a year they will allow for one change without a change fee. So if I book now for November and it doesn’t work out then I can change again without charge (of course there are still ticket price differences in play)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    They keep moving that date too. It was the end of March, and then mid April.

I booked a family trip for mid-July to Hotel Xcaret to take advantage. If it can't happen, easy to move.

10. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    We just booked August 24th to the 31st.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice