Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    So...is anyone else crushed by Dr. Fauci saying that we could get a second wave of CV this fall as part of a seasonal cycle? :eek: Apparently they think that is happening in the southern hemisphere, which is now entering fall/winter.

Oh please NO please please...

2. shotgun

shotgun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 2
    Just play it safe. We were looking foreword to seeing the two of you in April maybe we will meet up later this year. Be carful and safe

3. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    This is why I wondered why people were booking for Sept/Oct etc... The virus is going nowhere until theres a vaccine. Im sure its gonna seem likes its gone come summertime but when flu season comes around again next fall id bet my life theres another wave of the virus. Hope not but lets be realistic.

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Virus activity and transmission gets studied all the time and that is exactly what the flu does, year after year after year... So, it's very reasonable to opine that the COVID-19 would be likewise.... virus are pretty simple (from a biological standpoint) machines. The article posted in thread above has a link to a doc talking about they being able to isolate 40 different mutations at (that time) present off of the three underlying strains... I'd wager that actually creating an effective cvaccine is going to be very tough, as in trying to come up with an HIV vaccine.

There IS hope though, they have developed a pharmaceutical that Cures Hep-C, so...

I hesitate to consider though we must, what would Round Two (ding-ding) of Shelter-in-Place/Stay/Work-at-home orders look like? Hopefully we'll all have learned something before then, they'll have some therapeutic modalities in place to at least alleviate a percentage of the issues caused....the same way that they developed the... is it Tamaflu, the one here you get prescribed it if you are positive for the flu-A virus and you can start taking it in the 1st 2 days of symptoms showing up? That's the stuff I think, it seems to be pretty effective at mediating the effects of the flu-A infection. Maybe we can get something like that available before the next wave. Cut down the severity of the symptoms would operate directly to cut down the morbidity percentages (no matter how we do the math, eh Kyle?).

5. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    We have a Disneyworld/Universal trip booked for the last week of August (booked months ago). I'm thinking that it might actually go ahead, as it's possible that the trip is going to fall between the summer "end point" of the virus, and the next wave in the fall. o_O. A theme park vacation is kind of like being on cruise ship, though: social distancing is impossible. I'm hoping that either the virus has dwindled to almost nothing so I don't have to worry about risking my family's health, or that the parks remain closed so I don't have to make the difficult decision whether to proceed, or feel like I have to go because I can't get the thousands of dollars back that I have already expended on flights, hotels and tickets for both parks. I am thinking Disney will err on the side of caution.

Time is going by so slowly now that August seems like a year away...

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    It does seem that time is flowing ever so slowly...

Stacia & I are getting caught up on the "30 for 30" episodes.... ALL of them, sheesh...

7. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    We are working on the extended version Lord of the Rings trilogy, then we are moving on to our boxed set of Pink Panther movies, then our boxed set of the Godfather!

My favourite thing during this crisis is settling in for an evening movie with Sean, my son, the cat, and a glass of wine. Enjoy the small pleasures where you can find them, the greatest of which is family time.

B1D1F85D-B7B1-4EBE-A220-E59AB79025A3 (1).jpeg
    Also comes in white! ;)

8. T n B

T n B Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 0
    guess I shouldn’t say I won’t get killed by a cow either.... I mean it’s a possibility after all right.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  9. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,673 / 4
    So, which is worse .... ignorance or arrogance?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  10. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Well you have to consider all factors...
    If you live in the city your death %s aren't as high as in the country as simply there are less cows.
    And if you are older you are typically slower so if a cow does come after you then you are less likely to escape.
    And if you have pre-existing conditions it may be more difficult for you to bob and weave as the cow chases you down.
    But most importantly is the factor you contributed earlier, reporting of the incident, if you get killed by an actual cow then will your loved ones actually admit to you getting killed by a god damn cow? Less embarrassing to say a Bull got you or that you died of 'natural causes'.
    All factors that effect the Cow Death Rate and support your point that is very unlikely you get killed by a cow.
    But, as you all previously stated, I think we need more data. Please take a video of yourself in a pasture filled with cows so we can all see what happens. We definitely need more data to add to the sample size.
    But like COVID-19, I remain in the camp of the less people infected or wandering into cow pastures, the less people that die, and that is the ultimate goal ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice