Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    With that reasoning, why shutdown at all, you know what I’m sayin?

2. T n B

T n B Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 0
    He will decide if airports/ international travel is open.... local authorities have no say over that and really aren’t even able to enforce their own shelter in place orders that already contain several pages of exceptions...

3. T n B

Ratings:
    +260 / 0
    right. We are just now doing larger scale testing in the US. The number of infected will be much higher than that. You couldn’t have confirmed cases before if you weren’t testing. Plus the number that never went to the Dr because of mild symptom s in addition to those misdiagnosed. The number is never really going to be 4%

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. T n B

Ratings:
    +260 / 0
    So during this exact same time period in the US we have had about 500 covid 19 deaths compared to 20,000 flu deaths. So we are going to freak out and destroy the economy for the 500 deaths but we would have been completely fine with the 20k flu deaths and carried on as normal...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    That's what I'm saying.

I don't know US numbers, but in the UK 1,400 people die every day out of a population of 65 Mill. You guys have a population of 330 Mill and your average age of death is three years younger than ours.

As much as it pains us (particularly when it is one of our own family or friends) the sad fact remains - old people die, people with health problems die. Everyone dies one day, including me and everyone who reads this.

Sadly, I think the only true count of COVID19 is going to be the total number of dead. And we won't know that for a while.

That's why we have to party and enjoy our lives while we can. I know I will!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. T n B

Ratings:
    +260 / 0
    We have nearly 30 million people in Texas. We have 9 corona deaths.... yeah, I don’t want anyone to die but shit there’s a lot more deadly stuff that we don’t shut the world down for. There’s just no logic to it. Going to enjoy my “house arrest” with the kids and hope we get this over with sooner than later.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Hundreds of thousands of people, possibly millions in the US may have already had it, many without any symptoms at all. They will have acquired immunity and unable to pass it on.

The shutdown is important because 'flattening the curve' at this point will allow hundreds of thousands/millions of others to acquire immunity without pressuring health services to the point they cannot cope.

This will enable health services to dedicate their resources to the most vulnerable.

Please observe the restrictions imposed, however unpalatable they may be. It will work out best in the long run.

I do hope I am right. Only time will tell.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Tim&Pam77

Tim&Pam77 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Wow......No logic? That is an ignorant comment. I haven’t heard one health official or scientist say there is no logic to all the shut downs and in fact some want more shut downs or restrictions. I listen to the science.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    100%!!
    The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  10. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    Say there is 100 mm's in a bowl. 99 are great, 1 is poisonous and will drop ya DRT (Dead Right There). I don't think many people would take an mm (if they didn't have to).
    1% mortality rate is significant. I feel bad that sometimes we (myself included) are worried about missing/rescheduling our trips instead of the impacts this virus has had on individuals who are that 1% (or whatever # it is).

Many of us are addicted to our TTR vacations. It's what we look forward to, have countdowns on our phones. TTR is the motivation that gets us to the gym and eating right. We spend our money and plan for theme nights and tiny bikinis. It's an addiction for us for sure and a significant portion of our lives. Missing out TTR vacation will cause stress and disappointment because we invest so much anticipation into it. But we'll get by. Things will right.

I don't want to go to TTR and have the virus dominate the conversations. I want to have conversations about about family, interests, fun, fishing, boobs, the beach, how dangerous the elevated dance floor is, tower vs Garden, slippery tiles, pool floats, creepers, pineapples, unicorns, vanillas, ...etc.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice