Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. funpaired

funpaired Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 4
    Based off Trump's update yesterday - there is no way we remain closed for long. They are stating that the death rate is under 1% and keeping everyone locked down is worst then the virus. Almost the same thing was said by Florida's governor. I would say 3-4 weeks max and we will have everything open again. Some minor restrictions will apply but I think they understand that you can't control this and keeping everyone locked down is not working either. It's just destroying jobs/economies.

• Disagree x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +495 / 0
    We’re still booked for 19 to 25 July. So good luck to y’all.

3. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Where is the "death rate is under 1%" from?

Johns Hopkins University has a COVID19 tracker and as of this morning, it's a 4.3% death rate. Even if *we* are "OK" with symptoms, we could transmit the virus to others. For every 100 people it is transmitted to, 4 or 5 will die...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    Not to be a downer, but please make sure you check the local hospitals to make sure they take your health insurance.

Only reason I say this is because we were at TTR this past September with our friends from New Orleans.
    Ken had chest pains at Friday night Bash and had to be rushed to the hospital. The ambulance services there were super slow and they took him to a hospital called Hospiten Cancun.
    AVOID THIS HOSPITAL AT ALL COSTS!!, as they are a private hospital and do not take health insurance. They wanted 40000.00 USD up front because Ken was having a major heart attack..

Of course, nobody with us happened to have $40,000 USD in our pockets, so basically Ken was left in the room to get worse with no assistance.. I know its horrible, but it is exactly what happened.

Ken passed away on the hospital bed with no assistance from the hospital to make him more comfortable. He received no assistance from the doctors on duty as they said it was not their call on helping if we could not pay up front.
    The hospital then would not release his body until a final bill was paid. I believe the final bill for allowing him to sit on their hospital bed was just short of $5000.00 Which was combined on numerous credit cards to get his body released.

Turns out there is a hospital just a few KM up the road that took his Aetna and medicare insurance.

Just please be careful and research which hospitals will take your health insurance as I promise that nobody would want to live thru the nightmare we did that night and human indecency.

Sad ending to what should have been a total blast of a trip.

Look up the google reviews on Hospiten Cancun hospital, you will see numerous horror stories about this happening to other individuals.

Stay clear and please everyone be safe!!!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Steve & Kay

Steve & Kay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,930 / 1
    We saw you guys in the lobby the next morning which was our first day there. Some friends told us what happened. Kay and I felt terrible for y’all.
    Great advice on the insurance deal. I’m gonna call my insurance company before we go next time.

6. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    What dates?, June roll call is not put into cronolical order yet.

7. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    Yeah we were all exhausted and still in shock of what happened....

That experience almost made it where we never wanted to come back but we always have had a great time at TTR...

8. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    I would like to point out that Trump has no power to open anything since all of the closings have been done by governors, mayors and other local officials. Yes, he may have the power of the power of the bully pulpit, but I suspect those local officials will pay more attention to the medical experts then Trump.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    There are so many inaccuracies in this post that I dont know where to begin. If it was just opinions I would let it go. Think the trump point by Len and the 1% death rate call out by Cheers are a good start. And since this is a sensitive time I will just leave it at that. Party on. Or, uhh, dont party on i guess???

10. Franchesca

Franchesca Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Planning on coming same time next year. Was thinking of maybe October, but playing it safe and waiting til next April.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice