How Has Covid-19 Affected Your Day-to-day Life?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Cheers2US, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    I saw the thread about how the novel corona virus COVID-19 was affecting (or not affecting) people's travel plans.

Just wondering how all this has been affecting your non-travel plans, your regular day-to-day life?

So for us, we live in Ohio (USA). The governor recently announced a ban on gatherings of 100 people or more. All public schools (K-12) shut down early. Spring break was about to start for many anyway, but not for all. In my case, my daughter's spring break commenced 8 days early and we weren't told about it until the day before (notified Thursday afternoon that no classes Friday or beyond)

In addition, it's wreaking havoc with the colleges. As with colleges around the country, many are starting their spring breaks early. We have another daughter away at college (still in Ohio) She was about to come home today for spring break. Then suddenly the school announced that the dorms were going to close for the semester and all students had to move all their stuff out. Such a big ordeal on very short notice! So instead of her coming home for the week with a backpack of belongings, she'll have to stay behind so she can pack up her entire dorm.

Many students are international or from far away so they might not be able to find housing near the school on such short notice. I don't know how they will manage.

We have a local swinger's club that had about 500 people there last weekend (usually 100-150 in attendance) so that was interesting!

I'd be interested to hear how everyone else is faring.

2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    In Houston, the Governor declared a state of emergency, but hasn't banned public gatherings but has closed down courthouses, businesses are going along with it and people are working remotely, etc. For me, I can go to my office and ork, Stacia works with me, so we're fine there... just can't go to court (which is OK with me). Schools are closed from middle of last week through next Friday (at present) and the same sort of college things have started being talked about locally down there too.

3. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    Not much change
    Gym is open. No job restrictions.
    Schools are open.

My life in March is work/gym anyway without much socializing. April/May will add fishing.

If the Red Sox had a decent team this year i would be upset and affected.

Scheduled for TTR June 10th. If this is still going on in a couple months then I will be affected for sure.

Wait.....K has slowed down her annual costume/bikini/sexy clothes shopping and experimenting ..so...yea, I am affected

4. bosfuncpl

bosfuncpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    There not gunna have a good team. Your allset

5. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    Had to go to Costco today to buy some stuff. This was our first time outside the house in about 3 days. Ohio is not at "shelter in place" yet, but we stayed home to avoid social contact as long as possible.

Lines were not as long as they were last week. Also, they had lots of bottled water and toilet paper, but were limiting supplies to one per membership per day (no hoarding allowed!)

Restaurants and bars here remain closed for dine-in, but can stay open for take-out and deliveries.

Schools here are still closed with a tentative return date of April 6.

While stuck at home, we finished filing our taxes (even though the deadline was extended to July 15) and painted our bathroom.

News reported that the US and Mexico will suspend travel except for essential reasons, but I don't know if a date had been announced.

Stay safe everyone and hopefully we can all go back to Mexico soon!

6. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Well, an update a bit more than a week later.

All "non-essential" court proceedings cancelled until May 1 at present, that's new. Essential cases are CPS cases for the government to take kids away from allegedly bad people, or for the proven not-to-be-bad people to get their kids back, get out of jail hearings, stick you in jail hearings (some of them), protective order hearings so that people who are fighting get separated and told where, and where not, to go, etc. Lots of talk about having hearing remotely to get some of these other things, which don't count as "essential," handled using Zoom, Skype, Messenger whatever. I favor Zoom myself due to the extra functionality but I digress....

All bars and restaurants closed in the Greater Houston metro area (that's a lot of people... it ain't NYC, but still, but they can do the take-out, curbside service. Door Dash and Uber Eats are making such a killing I am sort of wondering if there's a conspiracy theory behind everything, linking one of them, or maybe both of them as that's a better conspiracy theory, to the generation of the Corona virus (Of course they'd start it in Asia, how better to throw off the scent? Eh? eh? Right...)

Stacia spent literally two full hours last night on RuLaLa (the bargain website, I really don't know what the URL is), finding things she wanted to buy and then depressing herself because she doesn't want to spend money on that stuff right now.

Stacia made dinner at home (rather than our continuing to make Door Dash richer), fantastic sort of gulash thing with veggie noodles (elbow macaroni androids), ground sirloin, a higher-end Arabiata sauce (a touch spicy so was fantastic flavor) and cheddar cheese. I shake out a bit of parmesan on it, too. Yum! Totally keto.

I spent my day figuring out good spots IN my house at/in which to take sexy pics. I had totally forgotten, since we never actually Use it, that we've got a garden style jacuzzi tub in our master bath. It looks promising.

Last night we watched the Chiefs beat the 49'ers in the Superbowl again, as NFL network was kind enough to re-broadcast that. That was a very welcome diversion.

I found I'd saved a bottle of Old Forester 1897, Bottled in Bond, so I nabbed a 3-finger of that amber awesomeness. Stacia even hada wee dram. We group messengered our friends on the other side of town, found them with a couple neighbors int he garage getting buzzzzzzzed and really not quite maintaining their social distancing, but generally having a decent time distracting themselves.

You know... an average day in self-quarantine isolation. It is what it is.

7. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Waiting on those pics John

8. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 3
    We spent some quality time with neighbors this weekend. I think we walked 2x the distance on the way home do to staggering. When we woke up we saw our governor was very disappointed in our behavior and scolded us in the news. I guess we are going to need to start jumping fences and low crawling under swing sets threw back yards to get to each others houses. Soon its getting to be like mission impossible to have a cocktails with someone.

9. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Me, too. Just because I found a great "set," doesn't mean I actually get to take them. You know how that goes, it's very much mood-based.

Reading Melons' post, I would imagine that Lady might have a harder time going under a fence.... a clearance issue I think. You rebels.

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    You rebels!
    Great work, keep it up.
    Sound like my kind of neighbors.
    But are they TTR worthy?
    Time may tell...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice