Is Coronavirus Going To Affect Your Trip?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by EuroCpl, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Is it my imagination, or is this getting pretty bad?

*Spoken in my Captain Obvious voice*

Here in Houston, and in the surrounding counties, all restaurants, bars and other types of places for people to congregate are being ordered closed (to be enforced by the Fire Marshal's office, actually, which I find legally and bureaucratically interesting), except for take out orders.

But... the Mayors of Houston and surrounding communities HAVE allowed the drinks to be sold, as well. BOOZE! I thought that was both very interesting, and sort of kind in a twisted way. A few million people, shut up in their homes, getting stir crazy... need to be able to drink, It hink.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Interesting.
    We are loaded with booze at home.
    Having a virtual happy hour at 7pm via Face time with a bunch of TTR friends.

3. kjbeach

kjbeach Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    We booked our trip for May 11-20 through cheapcaribbean. 1k deposit and balance due 2 weeks prior.
    My question, to anyone that may know, is if there’s a travel ban and it’s out of our control, would the travel agencies be required to refund or reschedule our trip? After all, we’re not exactly canceling.
    Not sure how to play this.
    Thanks in advance and stay healthy guys.
    K and J

4. webebucks

webebucks Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 0
    I'll just share our situation and it may help you out a bit. We have used Bookit.com for our last 5 trips to TTR and loved them. We were set to leave this Tuesday, but we started hearing that travel bans were on the way and that the government was rolling out other restrictions about a week ago. We waited, but finally called and spoke with a representative Monday and cancelled our trip with a "full refund" do to the situation. We heard on Wednesday that other Bookit travelers were being stranded due to non-payment. And now today, Bookit has declared bankruptcy and everybody that has future trips is out their money. Oh yeah, and we never received our refund. We have used Cheapcaribbean in the past and liked them, but I don't think these online travel agencies can handle the financial stress of the current situation. I also saw that Snaptravel is now having problems. Your best bet is to move your travel in to late summer, when this thing might have slowed down.

5. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +495 / 0
    We’re in the same situation. However, since us and our neighbors are all grill masters...we’re just rocking on, eating some great Texas BBQ and drinking our way into numbness...

LIKE CHINO SAID TO CANCER...FUCK COVID 19!!!

6. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    We are doing that tonight with the couple we were going to TTR with in April!

7. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I hope no one ends up getting stuck in Mexico and unable to get home

8. fred639

fred639 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0

Its beyond bad and starting to get little Scary The same thing has happens here in ST Louis Area Carry out only and construction jobs started shutting down so we will be laying men off ! Now 3 states have complete shut downs with more to come

9. Rusty and Jill

Rusty and Jill Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 0
    I heard that Alabama and North Carolina were both closing their liquor stores!!! I cannot imagine being quarantined with wife, kids and mother-in-law without plenty of alcohol!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I’d be worried about anyone who is a alcoholic and dies from a withdrawal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice