Us And Mexican Border Closing; Now What?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by onebusyman, Mar 19, 2020.

1. onebusyman

onebusyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0
    News reports are saying Trump will close US to Mexico borders. Just like he closed the Canada border. No one knows of course when this will be lifted. Our travel is April 12th.

So I guess we are all screwed out of our money.

I hope the resort will work with us to re-book. Guess time will tell.

I fell so sorry for the wonderful staff, cooks, bartenders, entertainment staff. What a loss of tips

Good luck to everyone.
    Oh now is a good time to visit your bank to by pesos. The exchange rate is way in our favor right now. We can spend them when this is all over and the fun begins again.

2. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They will ley you rebook no charge and no hassels. We were to arrive tomorrow but rebooked till July.

3. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    Contact your travel agent if you booked through a third party. Most are waiving cancellation fees right now

4. onebusyman

onebusyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0
    My smart and wonderful wife checked the Premier website and it looks like you can call and reschedule without fees. That me very happy, we had book the no change special they had around Christmas. So I was very worried.
    I still feel so bad for the great staff; and for Steve and Janet too.

5. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    I personally don’t think you should feel too bad for the people of Mexico. I think, it is them that should feel bad for us. They’re a much more self reliant country than we are. I’m sure they ain’t running out of groceries. I’m sure 30-40% of their population won’t be foreclosed on. They haven’t been conditioned to rely on their government, or leverage themselves up with debt near as much as we have. I’m afraid this is going to get really bad here. I’ve been saying for awhile now (about the southern border wall) walls work both ways, and one day it maybe us wanting across that border. That day maybe quickly approaching.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. AmyKirby

AmyKirby Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    You are pretty much spot on. I live in Mexico, about 4 hours from the resort to the west. There is no panic, plenty of groceries, restaurants, etc that you can still get to go food from. Mexicans as you mentioned, are self reliant people. They look out for each other and also us extranjeros that live here in the villages. The world needs to chill the fuck out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice