What's With All The Bachelor Party Interest?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Stacia_and_John, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    For couples I think most will gravitate towards Desire properties. Only bummer is the price tag. Our last split trip, the party was much better at DRM than TTR. The only reason we are going back to TTR this time, is because we had a single friend that was supposed to go with us. Also we only booked 3 nights at TTR then over to DRM, be a cheaper way to get into vacation mode. Next time, if no friends are going, we may just book one night at TTR before heading off to DRM. Or we have contemplated breathless for one night as it is right next door to DRM.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    One way I have thought of, that the resort could improve on this, is to make the gender ratio equal for singles.

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Couples in the LS might gravitate there but for couples not in the LS it doesn't scratch the itch.

Personally I've been going to the resort now at least once a year, sometimes more, for 2 weeks for 21 years. I've seen the changes come and go as the pendulum swings. From the true days of anything goes to the days of the onsite manager down by the pool in the afternoon with Security yelling at the guest to knock it off. It's been all over the place.

This time, I don't know... yeah, on the surface the place looks insanely fun... Patric's daily pictures on FB keep everyone drooling to go.... the rebuild created a new picture that after two years is finely getting the major kinks worked out... but the execution.... don't get me wrong, love the staff and how great they are, like coming home to family... but the soul of the hotel is now missing...

Remember when a vast majority of the staff had been there over 10 years each? Sure the time when the hotel was closed a lot went and found other jobs and careers... but a lot that could come back, a lot of the good ones, didn't... the Playmakers are great but with the exception of 1 or 2 are different every year... had to create family relationships with passing ships... people have mentioned the new atmosphere at the pool during the day... it's more about being seen than interaction.... Bash? Great idea but yeah, rather than a off the hook gathering place, it's a Vegas nightclub. Remember when it rained? We used to go dance in it to cool off.. now everyone's expensive dresses of shoes or makeup will get ruined....

It's the subtle stuff that creates the soul of the place.... nightclubs don't have a soul... TTR used to have one....

Jamie

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  4. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 2
    A lot of women go topless her to feel free in a safe environment. Obviously a bachelor/sausage party showing up because its a topless resort will kill the vibe. There is nothing respectful about staring at tits with your bachelor party.
    Instant bikini tops on when this happens.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Right! "Less enthusiastic" does not = "That place totally sucks."

Temptation is still unique, a downright blast during the day and still more fun than your average club at hnight. I'm just comparing it to the full-on idiotic debauchery we used to have prior to reno, that's all.

It's all good.We might be able to make a split trip, DRM & TTR that week as it's some of our Canadian friends Anniversary weeks, and they spend it at DRM each year. At least a day pass. It's very good to be a member in that way, to be able to move around freely between the resorts while in Cancun.

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    You have a lot of trips in so you speak from great experience.

To me one thing to remember is that TTR isn't a club that was put together to cater to a specific group, it is a business with the purpose of making money. Sure there are plenty of old timers that wish it was Blue Bay still, and many of those people don't like the new set up. Time will tell by occupancy, but I'm guessing there are just as many people who didn't like the "dirtiness" of both people (not trying to be offensive, so don't take it that way) and resort accommodations of the old resort, and like the newer cleaner look.

The only thing that stays the same are places like McDonalds, Hardees, Burger King, KFC, and there are tons of choices for whatever you want. In this niche market there really isn't that many choices, especially if price point is the main factor. Golden Parnassus kind of was way back years ago, but it's not even in the same ball park anymore with the changes they have made. For the price what else really is there? For the small numbers of people where price isn't a factor, they can always find what they want somewhere.

I get that people don't like change, but still it's really the best deal out there, unless you want to run your own smaller parties on a couples golf trip, or home party.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just talking out loud thru the computer, because there is literately nothing else to do right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    It's like going to a tailgate where 3 out of 4 people you ride down with chip in for gas and bring a case of beer each. But that 4th person didn't bring any beer or gas money. You may like your friend, and he might be funny, respectful or whatever, but the rest of the guys aren't super happy partying with him that day, when he clearly made no attempt to bring anything to the table to make the party better.

And to me that's what it kind of feels like with larger groups of guys at Temptation. Yea it's awesome that you can go to a fun party place and look at topless women, but who is the one that brought the topless women? What do the other husbands/bfs gain from your presence. And this is one of the reasons I think a wall is put up surrounding this topic.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    No I get it... have been saying the same thing over the years.. TTR will change to fit what they think will work.

And yeah, there are a lot of people that have lots of cash that can fly down for the weekend every month. And yes, although it's not perfect to me I still have my annual two week reservation in May.

Just saying that I really miss when we used to go party with 500 of our closest friends and be greeted by a core entertainment group that had been together for years and interacted with staff that we watched go from a bar back, to a Captain, to the assistant Ffood and Beverage Manager and finally to the Food and Beverage Manager. Those things made BBG/TTR feel like home.

Sure there were some trailer trash there then, and there were judges too. Same as today. It's all good... just miss the family.. :)

Jamie

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. ChiefFranko

ChiefFranko Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I hope you have a good time that and your group enjoys themselves.

10. wwmur12

wwmur12 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks man, I hope we do as well!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice