What's With All The Bachelor Party Interest?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Stacia_and_John, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Nope not going end of April. Never ended up booking it. Went the cruise route instead (never again!) but if we had booked would be cancelling. Had to cancel our April Puerto Rico trip. Right thing to do.

2. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    We're so sorry to agree with so much of this thread and sadly are one of those that are no longer putting TTR at the top of our list. Our last trip (10 nights) was last June, had it not been for an invasion from Kentucky I think the experience would have been like being at a family hotel (we'll not quite but it felt like that). , thank you Kentucky for saving us..... As a result of that, we tried Cap d'Adge in France , had a great experience, like old TTR to some extent but not quite. We're monitoring the observations on here but seriously planning to go back to Cap later in year rather than TTR. If we hear the vibe changes we would review our stance like a shot but having said that, many of our old friends are no longer going either ................. sad situation

3. Captain Blue Eyes

Captain Blue Eyes I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 0
    As a single guy who's been to TTR 15 or so times and lots of other places too...…...I have to say...…..where is this magical place that people suggest these guys go? There is no place that has a party atmosphere like TTR where single women go to meet guys. Yes, Vegas has a better chance of finding bachelorette parties / single women, but the cost of going to Vegas for 3/4 days is likely more than a week at TTR or another all inclusive. And the prospect of women topless is definitely an allure.

Now.....I get it that groups of single guys get a testosterone synergy that is beyond reasonable and we have seen this brings on bad behavior, especially is booze is added. It's a bad mix and I totally understand why a lot of the couples don't like it. As a single guy who has lots of friends of both the married and single persuasion from TTR trips, I don't like when I see that. It gives single guys a black eye and in the 10 years I've been going, there is always the suggestion from some that it should be a couples only resort. Well...….there are couples only resorts (way more that singles resorts - of which I have found zero) ......but they too, don't have the great party atmosphere that TTR has. So....what to do?

TTR has always had the motto, no one knows you and no one gives a shit......but obviously we do. LOL.

I agree that the vibe has changed over the years and I used to go 2 or 3 times a year and unless there is a good group of friends going now...….I have trouble getting psyched up for one. Thankfully Karen kicks my ass to get me there and have some fun! :cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  4. 2Puck

2Puck Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Do you mind me asking what you mean by a family resort? Are you saying it's tamer or younger crowd? TIA, just trying to decide if this is the place for us. We don't really like tame, and we are in our 40's, so we would prefer an older crowd...... lol :)

5. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    I'm happy to kick your ass any time it needs kicking, dear. I have one foot for you, and one foot for Sean. xo

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Did you do the resort cruise? Haven't been many detailed reports on it.

7. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Yes, we did the TTR Cruise in February. I was going to do a trip report but then I saw a few people had done them so I passed as I was rather busy upon returning. However, now that I am stuck in my basement office for months (and I dont want to go upstairs to the 3 kids doing online schooling) I guess I could do a cruise trip report if there is interest.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Well, I always enjoy the reports, I would read it if you did. It's not something we would ever consider anyway, as it seems to be more costly than TTR, not as fun, and more scheduled....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    If more groups of single guys, brought in more groups of single girls, you would hear no complaints from anyone. (unless it was disrespectful groups of people)

Sadly though, this just doesn't happen. Those advertisements just bring the sausages. I don't know how you advertise, or get the groups of girls to come to even it out, but it's always a problem. This problem isn't just at TTR, its true in life at bars, clubs and all kinds of events. I know in college (it was engineering school, so very large male ratio), the only way I could keep my large keg parties awesome, and not loaded with dudes, was to advertise that girls were free. And I would make 500+ jello shots for them. This would keep them interested in staying once they were there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  10. RedSkiBums

RedSkiBums Guru Registered Member

Some town in the hinterland of BC, Canada
    Ratings:
    +1,415 / 8
    @ScubaSteve
    So you apparently picked up side degree's in Marketing and Hospitality, time well spent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice