Airline Prices

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by The Original G Spots, Mar 14, 2020.

1. RedSkiBums

RedSkiBums Guru Registered Member

Some town in the hinterland of BC, Canada
    Ratings:
    +1,415 / 8
    Yes, as much as we'd joked about being "trapped" at TTR being just fine there's no way in hell we'd have gone for our early-April trip. Now with all the ski resorts closing early the only seats we'll be on for awhile are the sofa cushions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    We have April 4th weekend booked at Whistler, but it's not looking good. I expect the resort to shut the season down early.

I suppose the bright side of all of this is that I will essentially have a "free" trip to TTR and Whistler next year, as all the money spent on booking this year's trips will be be credited for next year. So there's that. :rolleyes:

3. The Original G Spots

The Original G Spots Baby G & Craig G Registered Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    Alittle skeptical about buying my tix now for October, but what HELL, its 4 a good cause. TTR

4. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    I changed my flight from April to Sept, and got a refund for the price difference. Ended up being close to half the price, I think. I’m also booking more trips with these prices!

5. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,673 / 4
    A bigger question is how airlines, resorts, hotels, agencies and travel services may change, merge or even financially survive after all this. It's all wishful thinking and speculation at this point isn't it.

It's offensive how airlines seem to be price gouging (thousands of $) last minute travellers taking unscheduled emergency repatriation flights home, who are stranded internationally, simply just trying to get back to the relative safety and security their home countries. Greedy and sad. Given airlines' prior and recent years of obscene profits, you'd think they'd relax their emergency pricing somewhat given the global pandemic. This is where we'll see which companies are authentically 'there' for us, versus the nice tv commercials and self-serving and banal platitudes.
    Pardon the venting.... possibly a by-product of being two weeks into voluntary self-isolation.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  6. RedSkiBums

Ratings:
    +1,415 / 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,673 / 4
    Fantastic exception to the rule, where Sunwing flies of course. Imagine the Cdn gov't will offset a healthy portion of Sunwing's incremental costs. Nonetheless a timely and impressive action... that folks will remember when they next book an all-inclusive vacay or charter flight ... coincidentally, Sunwing owns the Memories, Planet Hollywood, Starfish, Mystique and Royalton resort chains as well. Smart and vertically integrated. Still hearing nightmarish stories of airfares from repatriating international travellers. It's on every newscast.... the stories are now changing to those stranded... and similarly folks stranded still on cruise ships.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  8. RedSkiBums

Ratings:
    +1,415 / 8
    My kids' BFF, her sister, and mom went to Costa Rica for a family vacation and are now stranded. I got a few texts from the mom last night stating she was able to book flights home (didn't say with which airline) but not until Sunday, and she's terrified that flight won't happen. She mentioned being told a price of $7500 (for three seats) for a one-way flight back to Toronto. From there they'll have to try getting a flight to Vancouver, then it's a 7hr drive to our town. There's no amount of CBD that will fade those worries.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. The Original G Spots

Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    So did the mayor of Cancun close down all the hotels.

10. The Original G Spots

Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    United airlines airfare on 10/28/20 that's a Wednesday OW from EWR to Cancun has dropped to $90 economy. Return tix on Monday is $105.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice