Purchasing In Mexico

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by BM2010, Feb 29, 2020.

1. BM2010

BM2010 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi I am looking at my options at purchasing a condo in Mexico and renting it out for portions of the year. But it isn’t very clear on how to do it legally as we would be getting an income from it. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,673 / 4
  3. Cancunscorpio

Cancunscorpio Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

If you still need any help then just let me know and I will give you the phone number of one professional in Playa del Carmen who will be able to guide you through the whole process.

4. BM2010

BM2010 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    a contact would be great thank you for the help

5. The Gringos

The Gringos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    Unless you have a house manager, I would absolutely not. Renting here is a nightmare. Make sure your legal work is ironclad. I have four homes here, and learned lessons the hard way. If you don't do it properly, your tenant can end up owning your home via squatter rights.

Don't deal with any Cancun, Playa or Tulum companies. My managers are all from outside QRoo. The rental income can also be a bookkeeping nightmare.

Get a reputable representation. Don't cheap out on a lawyer. Build a relationship with a notario, it'll come in handy. If you can network with a judge, that's even better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice