Recommended Essentials

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by oc_couple, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Flaca

Flaca Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I’m just wondering how it is that the magnets do this.

thanks
    D&D

2. mcingr

mcingr Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 1
    It's a magnetic switch, one "contact" on the built into the frame and the other in the slider door. When you open the door contact is broken and the A/C shuts off. Placing the magnet on the contact in the frame simulates having the door closed.

3. TastyTxCouple

TastyTxCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 0
    The magnet is a magical idea. Learn something new every trip. I was annoyed with that very issue the last trip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Bob & Stacy

Bob & Stacy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +348 / 0
    We bring wire coat hangers since there’s are never enough hangers. Also, the little 1 in suction cup hooks to hang suits in the shower. I used to bring a zip lock bag for tip money but I have a hat with a money/room key pocket now.
    An extra shirt for the ladies if you go on the Boobs Cruise. They won’t give you your bikini top back when they stop at the island but they are more than willing to sell you a tube top. Cheap sunglasses for the Boobs Cruise. Don’t forget your Hitachi Magic Wand!

5. Auhornet

Auhornet Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Great idea on the magnets - stupid question- how big of a magnet?

[​IMG]

6. LEMO

LEMO Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +353 / 0
    They don’t need to be big. M described and posted a pic on a different thread.
    Room Hacks

One trip we forgot magnets and used Apple Watch chargers.

The picture was from an ocean view room. You’ll need to look at the specific doors in your room. The tower is different, I think the censors are along the top.

7. LEMO

LEMO Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +353 / 0
    Another thing we’ve read about but not tried yet is hanging a streamer in front of the AC vent.

The rooms have motion censors, so often when you’re sleeping the room will think it’s empty and shut down the AC.

The constant movement from the air flow will stop it.

So I guess in terms of essentials, tape and ribbon.

8. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    I’ve wondered about this. I don’t want to be a fuddydud, but are you able to just keep your top in your bag? I have a long sleeve swim top that has cute bottoms, so I figured I’d bring that and it would be good to put on for lunch...

9. mcingr

mcingr Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 1
    Yes, we've seen a few ladies take their top off quickly and stuff it in their bag.

10. Jelly

Jelly Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    -lots and lots of single dollar bills (the staff doesn’t have many of them to make change in the mornings, but usually by the end of the day you can exchange a $20 from a bartender or bellman...we would just be too carried away by that point to think about it and hated waking up in the morning with no $1 bills to tip.)
    -a small bag for taking stuff to the pool
    -extra cheap sunglasses
    -ibuprofen, pepto and we swear by Alkaline Booster pills to prevent hangovers (hated the taste and sugar in Liquid IV personally.)
    -antibacterial wipes to wipe down your seat and tray table on the plane because no one wants to get sick on vacation! :)
    -Bluetooth speaker and a few Spotify playlists (one for pre-funk/party mood and another for “downtime.” This really set the mood for the room when we were getting ready.
    -sewing kit if you are really into your theme night costumes and need to make any alterations

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice