Ttr Bod Motivation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jessica, Jan 30, 2020.

1. AndrewnAshley

AndrewnAshley Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 1
    Well building muscle, does burn fat; so you can get into better shape by just lifting. However, while you will look good physically; you wont be in very good aerobic shape which is important to heart health. I figure, if your in the gym, you might as well hit everything and improve your total health all around. If you find the elliptical, bikes etc boring(which I do to)try incorporating cardio circuit workouts or HIIT. At the end of the day though, diet is the major mechanism for weight lost. We're not sure if we're doing TTR this year, but we are focused on losing weight--so besides hitting the gym 5x a week, we have focused on diet. So one month into this, I've(Andrew) have dropped 21lbs and she's dropped 13.

2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Oh, and you forgot you need to give up ALL sex.
    But be sure to continue to pay those taxes.
    Yes, reality sucks and then we die too...lol!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I have committed to really trying harder for this next trip(I say this often, but this time I mean it, haha). I normally gym 4-5 times a week, but don't always eat the best. So last week I started proper meal prep, and intensified my gym routine. Starting to run again (which really makes a difference) and then do shorter breaks between sets to keep my heart rate up. Also, I am going to start leaving my phone in the locker. This is so I don't mess around on it, and concentrate more on my workout and not taking pointless breaks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. newfyfun4u

newfyfun4u Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0
    I brought a box of donuts, opened the lid and left them on the counterb in our gym
    I'm such an asshole
    Lol
    Oh those Newfy's

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. nitelife

nitelife Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    When I first went to TTR in April 2017 there was a belly flop contest. Lollipop and another playmaker picked me out of the pool to participate. When the lineup of guys was at pool side, 3 of the other 4 guys were visibility larger than me so when they asked all our weights and I told them mine which was 317 I was the heaviest guy.

This was an eye opener for me. I joined weight watchers the day after my return and when I went back April 2019 I was 277 down 40lbs. I never got asked to do the Belly Flop contest.

I've had a bad year health wise and ended up putting on 18lbs but I cracked down and I've have 13 of that off now. I have two months before I go and I have set a goal to be down 50lbs at least from my first visit to TTR.

The really great thing about TTR is not at any time did anyone shame me for my weight. It was just a personal eye opener that I needed to drop weight and get healthier.

6. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 1
    I think it depends on what your goals are. Weights are great. It really helps bring definition, and prevents you from losing muscle during weight loss. But you simply burn more calories doing cardio.

I did a weight and a cardio workout yesterday. 50 minutes of weight training burned around 200Cal, vs 35 minutes of cardio which burned ~450Cal.

The suggestion for a HIIT workout is really good. It’s the best of both worlds... and truthfully the workouts seem really fun.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  7. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    I think what got me with this workout plan is that I don’t want to just be skinny. I really only have about 5 or so pounds to lose to be at my “goal” weight. I want to be fit. I’ve done cardio in my life, and I might lose a few pounds, but I never look fit. Time for something new and hope for good results.

8. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 1
    I hear it. My first trip to TTR was a bit of a celebration on getting fit. I had dropped from 210lbs-160lbs and kept it off. I was running 50km per week! I was thin, and in great shape... but had zero muscle definition in my upper body. I was inspired to start lifting weights when I got back and it’s great.

For my March trip I’ve been hitting the gym for weights 4-5 times per week, and maintaining a decent running schedule. I’ve gained weight, but I look and feel way better.

9. SammyM

SammyM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    I used to worry about this myself, but in all honesty the first time we visited a truly clothing optional beach (Orient Beach, St. Maarten) several years ago my wife and I took a walk along the beach to see what all the hype was about. At that time we were in our late 50's, but any concern about our bodies immediately went immediately out the window when we walked along that beach. Every shape and size imaginable was on display, and bless some of those individuals who reached that point in their lives where it didn't matter what anyone thought of them with or without clothes on. We looked at each each other and soon realized that we were clearly in the top twenty percent of the beachgoers that day. The same philosophy applies at Temptations, and any reservations anyone might have about not looking good around the sexy pool should set aside. We try to eat sensibly, stay active, and the rest takes care of itself.

10. Curious1

Curious1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    Getting ready for June! Started last week jogging 2 to 3 miles 6 days a week. With some yoga band work to tone up. I want to lose 20lbs by then!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice