Questions Regarding The Premier Member Ocean View Room Contracts

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bob&Ivy, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Bob&Ivy

Bob&Ivy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +207 / 0
    First of all let me get it out of the way. It appears that I may be an idiot for signing one of these Premiere contracts. My wife and I had the option of a 10 year or 25 year gig that included an ocean view room. I wanted a 10 year but got a 25 year contract. (I may be dead by then) We were told at the time of the presentation that we would be "Locked" into the offered room rate which I saw as the primary reason to consider a contract as we had plans to come back every year. In just two years my room rate has gone up $51/night. We have been told from others that they had "Free" nights given in their contracts. Lord knows what else. Based on conversations with other members it appears that those who were tougher in negotiations, (i.e. Threatened to walk out or did walk out of the presentation before getting called back into the room) got better deals than those who didn't. This may all be a bunch of hogwash but that is what we have been told speaking with others. I am presently in a conversation with the Premier Member Services. My question are for those Premier Members who have a 25 year Ocean View Room contract. What perks were included in you contract other than the standard upper shelf alcohol, butler, etc.? I would appreciate anyone's feedback so I may better confirm if I got screwed and/or am just a sucker. I should not had the drink they offered when we sat down. LOL Thanks to anyone who has some knowledgeable feedback regarding this area of concern as I have been told that we are not the only ones questioning these contracts that appear to be very inconsistent. Thank You.

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    In a 25 year contract, a perk you may, or may not have, negotiated for would have been yacht access. (you can book the yacht for half a day). Other than that, there really aren't other standard perks you missed out on.

Some newer contracts have a "price match" clause, where if you find a better price, they will beat it. (this was most likely not even an option you purchased years ago).

In regard to the "free weeks", these would have been additional incentives when signing your contract. But in a sense with this, you might have been just pre-paying for nights. For example person 1 gets a contract for 10k, with no free nights, and person 2 gets a contract for 12K with 2 "free weeks". It's all a matter of perspective.

One other thing that varies between contracts is the amount of Referrals you can give out per year. Some people have 2-3, some people negotiated for up to 6.

Yes the rates have gone up in 2 years, but I personally was never under the impression that is would have been "locked in". There was always the part that says the rate can and will go up as things change. (but it says that in a more legal sounding way).

Obviously the more hard ball you played with them, the better the contract would get, and the price could drop. A good tactic is to know what others are currently paying and what they are for X dollars, before you even step into the office.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    The way they "got me" was they locked-in my room rate on my acuzzi rooms (around the Quiet Pool), which was all fine and good. But, the daily all-inclusive fee" could go up "if their costs went up."

Gee... guess what they use to increase the fee for the rooms now? Ha! Sucka... that's me...

Still, I save against all but the best combined discuouts out there that I've seen, get the bennies (we use the spa for free all the time at both TTR and DRM), have the Yacht (which we use almost every trip (unless it's "cold" which for us is below 82F.

When we upgraded to shift our "contract" to DRM from TTR a few years back (the year everyone found out about the reno, I got 9 "completely free" nights, ahem, in exchange for the $$$ I plunked down, but the TTR nights renewed back up to 1,000 (I'd used maybe 120 by then?) The "time frame" of the contract also renewed, so I went back up to ... I think mine is 20 years, not 25.

4. Bob&Ivy

Ratings:
    +207 / 0
    THANK YOU!

5. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    Flyback is what made it for us. It's no investment, but it balances things out in the end. What it does is, it forces us to come back at least once a year, a thing that we didn't do before we had this contract. There was always some other thing to spend on.
    We found the yacht to be well worth it also...plus the access to the roof top whenever you feel like it...plus topshelf booze...
    Finaly, we think we enjoy our contract!
    In the presentation in Dec, there were mentions of access, for new contractees, to the new resorts they'll be building, which is also interesting.

6. Bob&Ivy

Ratings:
    +207 / 0
    We got the Flyback as well. That has been well worth it. Thanks!

7. Lindilou

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    The thing is with Flyback, you have to book through Premier. If you go through a third party, they won't honor the payback.
    The 30% rebate they have going on is a sweet deal till the end of the month! And Flyback fits in there!
    We just booked 9 days end of November and still contemplating first of April!

8. Bob&Ivy

Ratings:
    +207 / 0
    Thanks for your input. I have no issues with the Fly Back program just the TTR Premier Membership. It takes as long as six months for Fly Back refund to come when we were told it would take 60-90 days. Our sales guy was definitely misleading in many areas but what the hell. We have a great time every trip. Just booked today for April. Will hopefully be refunded by then . LOL

9. MN Sun Fun

MN Sun Fun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey bud,
    Are you sure that you have to book through Premier. I asked that direct question to the Flyback people and they said as long as you’re staying at Desire or Temptations you qualify.

10. Lindilou

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    Well that would certainly be good news in the event you find a better deal than through resort.
    This is what we were told was needed when claiming:

1. Membership number with your resort.
    2. Your membership has to be current with all payments
    3. Boarding passes showing arrival at your destination.
    4. Reservation confirmation from the resort.
    5. Mailing address:

The first time we tried to redeem our Flyback, we were told that we needed an original reservation <from Premier>, which apparently they will only give if you book through them. This is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice