Thailand (phuket) Trip?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by teamDMFP, Dec 6, 2019.

1. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    I know this isn't related to TTR but we're considering taking a trip to Thailand in fall of 2020 with some friends. Just wondering if anyone has any adults only resorts that would be similar to TTR? I don't believe topless/nudity is an option over there but at least a party vibe?

BTW, this isn't replacing our Memorial Day TTR trip...just trying another location too!

2. bjayne33

bjayne33 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +293 / 0
    Not an adult only resort, but if you’re looking for the biggest party, I’ve heard great things about the Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan. We hit up the Thailand gulf for our honeymoon with stops at Koh Samui(biggest island with the most night life and things to do), Koh Phangan(slightly smaller and isolated, but has the full moon party), and Koh Tao(smallest and most isolated island, but you feel like you’re on a deserted island depending on where you stay). Absolutely amazing islands, but I can’t speak to any adult only places.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    Agree. The full moon party is where it’s at. Craziness

4. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    There are adult only resorts there but it’s not like TTR. They just are nice resorts where people don’t want to be around kids. Like @bjayne33 said, Koh Samui is more of a party there than Phuket. There is a Resort called the Ark Bar there that has a good party and no kids, although it didn’t ever specify adult only. Bonus is that it’s right near the night life.

5. Dr.awkar.rD

Dr.awkar.rD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Nothing like TTR in Thailand that I’ve encountered.
    Full moon party is ok. It’s one part festival and one part early 90s mtv spring break special.
    25,000 sweaty college kids and about 5000 other people,
    Mix in various amounts of bootleg liquor and energy drinks, and by midnight, most of the shoreline is dudes peeing at the edge of the tide. I mean it’s fun if that’s what you are looking for, but seriously, even with the sealed tariff labels, a lot of that booze is bootleg I’m told by friends there.

BUT if you are on that island- there happens to be a straight up magical resort, on the other side of the island that seems almost totally unreal.

Imagine a bond movie where the villain has this crazy elaborate mansion and it’s sealed away with private driveways and the rooms are up the side of the mountain and you have a pool outside your 2floor suite overlooking the ocean and bring about 8 friends with you. I mean that kinda beat out TTR. Worked out to be around the same price too.

Phuket is a lot of fun too, there’s bangla road, but don’t play connect four with any of the girls- they WILL hustle you. Phuket is really touristy and you can see things in bangla road you would never think were possible involving life animals or razor blades or ping pong balls, but no topless resorts. A good tour would be doing Phuket then krabi for more of a touristy thing.

Beside in Thailand you can make your way to chang mai and do things like spend an entire day with elephants at a sanctuary like up and personal with all food, transport etc included for like 70 dollars.something similar (if even available) in the us would probably not legally be able to happen or run you several grand.

The whole history of modern Thailand sounds like a Indianan Jones movie.
    Reportedly the king won Chang Mai in a game of cards.
    That he allegedly also cheated in.

Thailand ain’t like TTR, but it’s def an adventure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Dr.awkar.rD

Dr.awkar.rD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Oh and if you want to see party extreme- check out the imperial road. Like 20 baht to get in and it’s like a mile of all different theme bars and music for all tastes.

be aware though- some of them are just for locals and they won’t be mean to foreigners but will likely make you feel a bit out of place. best club scene I’ve ever seen on the planet.
    Incredible layouts of clubs and club lighting and sound systems.

makes stuff like electric forest look amateur in terms of lights and setups.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    @teamDMFP Did you end up going? Just wondering

• List
  8. 2justforfun38

2justforfun38 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Curious if y’all went or not? We went a few years ago and had a blast. We didn’t find anything like TTR

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    You people from Alaska get to travel to all kinds of apparently very cool places!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice