Cyber Sale

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Headstone, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Headstone

Headstone Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 0
    A repost of the one I made on facebook

Just got off the phone with Premier in regards to pricing and the cyber sale. Here's what I learned:

The Temptation rate for the sale is very similar to advertised rates right now at $236 a night (with member regular rate of $258 a night) . BUT what it does not take into account is the member rate is TAX INCLUDED but the sale (and expedia etc) rates are TAXS NOT INCLUDED. The cyber sale price is $240 (plus taxes) The Mexican resort tax is 19%!!! So consider that as well.

Now for Members if you book the cyber sale at $230 (taxes included) a night it seems OK but there are sometimes better deals BUT are taxes included? One other thing to consider is that if you book the sale there is the rider that no two promotions can be combined so you DO NOT qualify for the resort credit or the 25% or price matching.

The cyber sale for non members also has restrictions that preclude dates like Halloween and Thanksgiving and all of February and Christmas and New Years. For members the restrictions are fewer but Christmas is a $50 per night premium.

Then there is the whole up front payment with the sale (or through Expedia etc sometimes) whereas through the resort itself you can place a deposit.

I did not as about Referrals at this time.

As to Desire (both resorts) the current member price is very similar to the sale price. Slightly higher but not too bad. The same goes for non members. BUT prices listed are TAXES INCLUDED for both. However the restrictions apply to both members and non for Desire for the sale, and again up front payment.

So all in all Members are getting a much better deal for Temptation than It seems vs non members due to the taxes and restrictions.

Is is worth it???

That's totally up to where you stand.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    My travel agent was cheaper than the cyber sale. Just saying.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    Where is everyone getting this rate of $230? The email from Premier shows differently.

4. Reggie P

Reggie P Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    I booked a quick getaway today and found that the mobile version of Temptation site offers better rates. (btw you can open the mobile version of the site on your browser on laptop as well)

5. Matt and Lisa

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    I’m curious about what other Premier members are seeing. The sale doesn’t start until Saturday so we can’t really see what people have booked for yet.

6. Reggie P

Reggie P Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Yes, this is more of a general observation. I was happy with the savings I got for the 3 nights considering last minute booking(availability) and room mix (~ $255 saved)

7. Headstone

Ratings:
    +388 / 0
    I booked today instead of the sale.
    Just paid our deposit for October 2020!!!

TTR October 18-28

DRM October 28-Nov 1

The reason, while the sale would be for 230 a night and member rate is 258 for TTR and a similar difference in price for DRM if we had booked on the sale we lose out on the $600 resort credit.
    Now if you never use the spa or logo shop etc. that may not mean much but my wife LOVES the spa LOL. The second reason is that DRM is blacked out for Halloween on the cyber sale

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Matt and Lisa

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    Losing out on the credit is a big deal. Obviously for the difference between $28 a night it’s not worth losing it. The email that I got from Premier was a much bigger difference though than $28 so I’m wondering where that came from. Do you have a screenshot of your email?

9. Headstone

Ratings:
    +388 / 0
    • Book directly through our website or by calling our reservations department
    • Fees include taxes
    • Minimum 3-night stay is required
    • Book from: November 25 – December 2, 2019
    • Black-out dates: February 1 – 29, 2020
    • This promotion applies to the room category specified in your agreement
    • Here´s some important information to take into consideration when choosing your travel dates:
      • For travel December 1, 2019 – January 1, 2020: only $110 USD per person/per nigt
      • For travel January 2 – April 11, 2020 (black-out dates: February 1 – 29): only $133 USD per person/per night
      • For travel April 12 – December 23, 2020: only $115 USD per person/per night
      • Premium Week surcharge applies $50 USD per person/per night (December 26, 2019 – January 1, 2020)
    • Full payment is required
    • This promotion is non-refundable
    • This promotion may not be applied or combined with any other offer
    • Subject to availability
    • Other restrictions may apply
    • Subject to change without prior noticed.
    • Does not apply to free nights, free weeks or Referrals
    • Based on double occupancy
    • This promotion applies to new reservations only
    • This promotion may not be applied or combined with Premier discounts
    • No hotel, dates and/or room category changes are permitted
    • Addendums do not apply

10. Matt and Lisa

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    Thank you. Guess why I missed was the per person part of that. Never occurred to me because they always charge per room.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice