Partial ‘takeover’...some Facts And Opinions About Groups Coming To Ttr

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jen&Kyle, May 2, 2019.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    There really are not too many and they are 'partial' takeovers. So there are still rooms. You just kind of need to know the groups as I dont think the resort posts them. There really is only one I know of that takes over the entire tower (ocean, garden and Temptation suite rooms still available) and this thread is about that group. There has been a mocha takeover group which instead of 150 rooms is more in the mid double digits but I thought that group in 2018 was in the fall and haven't heard anybody talking about them this year so maybe they were not able to return (there was some damage done to the resort with that group in 2018).

2. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    I "believe" the dirty vibes take over end of April is a FULL tower take over. I have in writing from TTR Premier membership that we have t book thru them to get a tower room that week.. TOTAL BS but is absolutely expected from TTR membership... we just decided not to go that wee, maybe it would be more fun..

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Yep Dirty Vibes is what this thread started about. We went last year. Note they changed the name to Tryst so fyi it is the same thing. Later in April this year than last. Enjoyed the vibe very much. Didn't enjoy paying more but it is what it is. Not going in 2020 as it is too close now to another even we go to in Arizona in early June which was by far our favorite event ever based on last year.

4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Please tell us more about this AZ event.

5. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    Thanks for all the info!! I believe Don has changed the cruise situation as to NOT interfere with the Boobs Cruise this time around (cant find the original post, but I remember it being discussed and he didnt want that to be an issue again). But you're probably right. I dont see how they could even compare to the entertainment you get with Chinos and Sarah!

We are really excited to join the takeover!

6. Emman

Emman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +305 / 0
    RC Travel confirmed that event participants must book a minimum of 4 nights to join the 2020 takeover, which sucks since we have to push our arrival date to 5/1.

7. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    they were there this last oct. we went oct 9th to the 18th while they were there. damage again this year. heard from many staff members they ere considering not letting them back next year. i guess some were getting charged for damages, and refusing to pay.

8. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    This is the first I've heard about that... all ive heard is how fun the crowd is and the music is better. I also hear understandable complaints about the red tape of where you can and cannot go as a premier member, but never about the behavior of the guests.

9. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    hmm. i don't ask questions about people or groups. but that is just what i heard.

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Don’t you mean Mochfest.
    Oct 2018 they did some damage.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice