Partial ‘takeover’...some Facts And Opinions About Groups Coming To Ttr

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jen&Kyle, May 2, 2019.

1. voyons5

voyons5 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +158 / 0
    I understood from your prior post that they were still working through policies. I messaged RC Travel directly, inquiring about the "fee for events" possibility and the response was "Sorry, but we are not doing that this year. To attend the event you must book with us. We have many Premier members that have booked the event with us."

That applies to even people who are premier members still need to do so direct with RC.

For rooms outside of the tower, to participate, one also needs to books through them. (has anyone heard different?)

"If you book through another source, you cannot attend the events that are planned for our event.

Regarding booking the Trendy Garden View room through us, we can do that although 95% of our clients book in the tower rooms, as it is a tower takeover. The total price for the 7 nights you want in the Trendy Garden View room is $2253.93. The price includes all the activities for the event. " (Laurie at RC Travel)

Wanted to make sure what i hear is what others in the know, "know". It may impact some people traveling with us.

Thanks

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Hmmm. At about this time last year, maybe December or January they started having the option to join the party if you were booked w someone else. I think it is entirely possible they will do that again. But also possible they had too many people not book thru them and have realized they need to make it a requirement. I thought they also let people book thru premier last year and then pay the fee to join. Based on their response to you sounds like (maybe just for now) that isn’t allowable either.

So now it kind of forces you to book thru them if you want to join their party, and like I said in the original post, I wouldn’t go at the same time and not be a part of the party, or to book separately and not be a part of the party.

Up to you as to whether you want to take the risk but if I was premier I would wait until January and see if their answer changes. If I wasn’t premier I would probably book thru them and just tell myself the inflated price was worth it. As I said in my review it was for us and we have visited many times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1
    When talking with RC travel earlier this year they stated (and I have in email) that they would allow people to join the party for a fee if they booked third party. However, when people we know tried to do this a month or two later, the response was no. Maybe they will change their mind again and allow it, but I’m not sure I would hold my breath waiting. We are hoping the extra cost for attending this week goes straight to some DJ’s...

• List
  4. voyons5

Ratings:
    +158 / 0
    you've all been very helpful. Thank you so much. It looks (based on calculations I've done on Trendy Garden) that the price on full week increases total price by about $600 US for the week and about $400 US for the 5 days (compared to deep discount prices) So even if the "fee based" option occurs, (@ $350) it seems like it is reasonable through RC and just do it and be part of the takeover and have run of the place. :)

5. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1
    They were saying it would be 500... but like I said, when somebody tried to book that they walked it back.

• List
  6. HotforSun

HotforSun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +779 / 1
    I was there as a single male but needed a couple to vouch for me

7. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    It was almost all couples. I don’t recall seeing a single single at the parties. Except the last night where attendees were able to vouch for others and bring anyone they wanted to the party. Sounds like hotforsun got in though but we must of just not seen him. So was more the exception.

8. HotforSun

HotforSun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +779 / 1
    I was there every night except for the last night.
    There were other singles there. My female friend I met was also single.

Attached Files:

9. voyons5

Ratings:
    +158 / 0
    Just got another email clarifying re Premier

"I am sorry the last agent was misinformed regarding Premier members being able to book TRYST. Dirty Vibes event. Premier members can is a $500 event fee that resort has us contracted to do then once that’s paid through us we release the room to Premier to book."

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. utmck64

utmck64 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    How do you know which dates there are takeovers?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice