Trip Report November 6-10, 2019. Texas Newbies.

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by 2tex2mex, Nov 10, 2019.

1. 2tex2mex

2tex2mex Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Hi y'all. My husband and I just left Temptation after our first visit. I learned about this site only near the end of our trip. That was our first wrong move! I wish I had read here first so I'm leaving a trip report because so much on this site would have been helpful to know.

We loved our time there!!!

Us? We are new to Temptation. 30 something couple. Not really lifestyle couple, though maybe I need to reconsider that label as I learned I'm a "unicorn hunter" (thanks for the lessons Temptation). More on that later? ;)

We got there on Wednesday and stayed in the bash tower. Got a 6th floor room. Things we had heard based on various trip advisor reviews:

Drinks are watered down. (Wrong)
    Renovation ruined the feel and pool. (Not to us)
    Only half of women take their tops off. (Wrong, It's way more)
    Tower gives vip pool and hot tub but it's pretty empty, but nice to relax if you want quiet. (Yes and it's windy and cold later in the day)
    Swingers everywhere. (Sort of)

First day we went to the sky bar hottub and bar. It was a nice way to get into the mix and take things in. I was nervous but took my top off right away and have never been topless in public. This was surprisingly liberating and I thank all the other beautiful women for giving me the courage!!!

Less than 5 minutes in the first hot tub and a guy asks me and my husband if we are swingers. We say no and he was not pushy after that, but kept being a little touchy on my leg under the water. This was an unwelcome start but ended quickly when the party girls they were with showed up. This (and one drunk single guy that security took care of at bash) was my only unwelcome experience. I was nearly naked (topless and a little bottom) the entire time and most people were super respectful and I never felt unsafe otherwise. Again, thank you all the beautiful women (and men!) for making me and my husband feel so sexy and confident!

We weren't going to do the first theme night because it was lingerie night. That seemed like too much. Arrive in the afternoon, get in my sexy underwear in a few hours? After talking to the women in the hottub and being nearly naked anyways, putting more clothes on seemed less of a big deal. So we went. And it was awesome!! So much fun and danced and partied until almost 4am.

The next day we got room service breakfast which is free in the bash tower. We didn't know this was a tower perk. This was the only tower perk we really ended up caring about. You can schedule your next day room service breakfast after a night out ahead of time and the food is really good.

We then enjoyed the sexy pool all day. Each day this is different but we loved the games
    (so funny!!!) And the foam party was neat, but way too much foam after a while and you couldn't take a breath without inhaling foam.

Each day we moved to the big hottub around 4-5pm. Partying in the big hottub was my favorite. It's much warmer than the windy cold hot tubs at the top of the tower. People are drinking, mingling, and while there is music, you can talk more than at night at bash. Yes there is some flirting, kissing and boob grabbing occuring during this time. None of it was unwelcome but people are there to meet, and see and be seen. My husband and I met many beautiful couples there. I'm not looking to swap (just borrow a wife? ;) ) So I enjoyed the hanky panky with some of the other wives but this never turned into anything more as I apparently don't know how to tell a woman I want her to leave with me and my husband anyways lol. This is where a lot of people do meet and go back to their rooms. But mostly it was a fun time to develop friendships you'll keep throughout your stay. For those wondering like me, I did not see any public sex during my stay except open windows or some occasional people foreplaying a little on their balcony before going inside. Not in the foam party or pool or hot tub. You won't be cornered with two people banging next to you (yes I was worried about that). You will see some nipple and body shots and kissing.

We ate dinner at a few of the restaurants. For lunch we usually just did one of the buffet options. Overall breakfast was always amazing everywhere. Lunch was average. And dinner hit or miss based on meal selection. The Asian restaurant was the best for consistently good food. Pick anything and it was good.

Now let's talk about the room. My husband is really focused on this lol.
    The room is nice looking. It's not functional. Cabinets are an endless row of black and you easily forget which door holds the safe or your bag or the fridge. The bed is not that bad but we hated the pillows. Yes that's strange extra note, but this is a report and maybe it'll help the hotel. The shower has a weird glass to step over and would be better as a closed door.
    You will hear bash music going every night until 2-3am. We didn't mind but some might.

We like to sleep in after these long nights and the cleaning lady doesn't have a good system. The hotel needs to fix this. There's a door hanger we didn't notice. We just thought it was do not disturb. For our room she would clean around 1100am-1200pm. You hang the placard if you want cleaning or do not disturb. Hanger flips for your choice.. If you do not put the placard on the door, she comes to knock at 9am to ask if you want cleaning that day. She isn't cleaning then, just taking a tally. And waking you up about 6 hours after the bash music ended. We started hanging the placard to please clean side each day and no more knocks. Just arrives at 11am or so. On our checkout day, we failed to hang the notice and again, 9am knock to ask if we want the room cleaned today. Surely they could have a list of who is checking out and not knock? This could be a better system.

Also, my husband will kill me if I don't post our room door lol

Imgur

Everyday the sun comes up and lights up the whole dark room. We started stuffing a towel but it didn't help much.

So let's get back to the sex and topless and all that. There was so much innuendo when I was reading reviews before going that it actually made me more nervous.

Swingers Resort - Review of Temptation Cancun Resort, Cancun, Mexico - TripAdvisor

Even some positive blogs refer to it as a Swingers resort.

This place is sex and energy and party. It's spring break or a Vegas pool party all day every day. With that people are hooking up, flirting, etc. That's most of it.
    There are a large number of swingers here. I'd say 25% of guests that are open about it. And I mean that as in really culturally "lifestyle", arranging meetups ahead of time for swaps, orgies, wear the bracelets/necklaces, etc. I had men straight out ask my husband if we were open to them fucking me. That does feel different and sets a different tone than just a ruckus party where sex happens, often casually. We met a lot of couples there because they said they were "lifestyle-curious". And as I said, to keep the review with context, I and my husband aren't known to turn down a fun beautiful woman. But overall temptation isn't an orgy. Or a sex club. Or a swingers resort. It's spring break all year. With grown adults. And adults like a lot of sex. We met plenty that don't even drink. You can absolutely go and not have sex and not be a swinger. And not be pushed or intimidated into anything. But you will hear and maybe be offered new things you're not into and should just be okay saying no. Everyone except the rare incident above immediately took no for answer, and then would keep partying and having a great time with you. You're not shunned because you're not there to swap spouses. Lifestyle readers are laughing and rolling their eyes at this I'm sure, but there are a lot of misconceptions in reviews and it's intimidating, especially for women who haven't gone before.

Anyways that's my way too long review. We are going back as soon as we can. I will pack something for every theme night next time. They are soooo much fun and everyone looks so sexy and creative.
    We probably won't stay in the tower next time and will see if a quieter room is better to give a choice of how late our nights are. The tower sort of forced a routine with the late music.
    I wish we had joined one of the roll call threads so we could have people to meet when we got there. It took us a day or two to get some regular friends and right then they are leaving.
    Also, get people's contact info! There are so many amazing and fun people at this resort! We haven't done that before on vacation but people LOVE temptation and go back often. We got some info but failed to get others and are now kicking ourselves. (Hey Alaska, if you read this and remember the Texas couple, message. You're awesome!!)

I hope this helps. I am trying to post open to help others new Temptation visitors. So I apologize for the length or if you like some stuff we didn't care for. Thanks for a great time temptation!!!

• Like x 23
    • Winner x 7
    • Informative x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. COcouple

COcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 1
    Great report! Thanks for taking the time, and welcome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Wow, a wonderful review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your trip.

4. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    Great report! Glad you liked and hope you'll share more of your adventures!

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Ditto, well done.
    Nice candid report that if read by other newbies should help ease their anxiety.
    Best wishes on booking your next trip.
    Welcome to the “addiction”.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Wow. Really enjoyed that one. And you guys definitely figured the place out in 1 visit. Found myself agreeing with a lot of what you said. Note we started off just like you 9 years ago. Here’s to fun adventures in your future travels!

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Great report.

We were in the tower as well recently. Left side, if back to the sexy pool. It’s quite windy in the hallway, and most days we would find many of the door placards laying in the hallway, so how is the cleaning lady supposed to know what to do?

Surprised you said the tower hot tubs were cooler than the bing hot tub. Certainly wasn’t the case when we were there. Big hot tub was 85-90, and tower hot tub was close to 100. Something must have changed.

9. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Excellent report... really captured the resort and the vibe... only one thing... YOU MISSED THE BOOB CRUISE ..LOL.. glad you had a great trip

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    We stick our placard in the crack between the wall and plastic cover with the room number.
    If no crack to slip in I “create” one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice