December Weather And Vibe? Should We Book?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by mikeandlaurie2, Nov 2, 2019.

1. mikeandlaurie2

mikeandlaurie2 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0
    we usually go Feb or April but we are looking at a quick 4 Day getaway Beginning of December after seeing snow yesterday . Anyone been in Dec ? How’s the weather? It the resort busy? We love to meet lots of people

2. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    Our last trip early Dec, it was sunny and hot. There was a tropical storm at large, can't remember how far but we only saw wind which was very nice for comfort but hard on the ladies hair.
    On the 3 previous trips, we can honestly say that it's always busy enough to have an amazing party.

3. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    I've been to the resort in December once. Really nice group of regulars at that time.

However, some people find the weather a bit chilly. If your wife is someone who gets cold easily, December might not be the best time. I'm slim, and I had to wear a T-shirt over my bikini all day to stay warm, and found the pool too cold to use. There's been some chat on here about the pool being too cold in the winter months. You might get lucky and have warmer weather as Lindilou says, but I've been to Cancun once in Dec and once in Jan, and I was cold both times. It's much different than April. And your pool days are much shorter due to the time of the year.

The people who come from places with severe winters seem to have no trouble with the cooler months in Cancun. I'm a West Coast sissy girl. :rolleyes:

4. mikeandlaurie2

Ratings:
    +101 / 0
    Thanks

5. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 2
    Last December the air temps both day and night were very nice. The water in the pool was definitely way on the chilly side...but once you’re in with a drink in your hand it’s perfectly fine!! Once the sun begins to set behind the tower, we would head up to the hot tub for an hour and then back to the room to get ready for dinner. We go June and December and have a blast no matter what month we go! There will be plenty of awesome people to get to know and you’ll have fun!

6. mikeandlaurie2

Ratings:
    +101 / 0
    Awesome thanks ! Are you there this Dec with us?

7. mikeandlaurie2

Ratings:
    +101 / 0
    Thanks! We have been once in Jan it was chilly. Will be great to be back for sure!

8. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    I agree and I’ll have to appologize for not thinking about the pool temp. This subject never showed up on here in the past?! :confused:
    We are in the Polar Bear club so we find the pool and ocean to be very comfortable. So Karen, if you do get cold, you need to find people like us to cuddle up to and tell them you need a little warm-up.
    I’m sure you’ll never get cold again!;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    I married a big guy to keep me warm in situations just like this! My Dec and Jan trips to Cancun were as a scrawny single girl. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice