Temptation Trip Report Oct. 18-25, 2019

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by DnA, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DnA

DnA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Hi everyone - We had an amazing time last week and I wanted to provide as much info as possible in my review for newbies and returnees. This is long but I hope the details help....

Context - we are Premier members. We joined in Aug. 2016 just before the reno. We have been to Temptation 6 times - May 2012, Nov. 2014, Aug. 2016, Feb. 2018, Nov. 2018 and Oct. 2019. All trips were 7 trips except for the two in 2018 which were 4 night trips. We were asked to upgrade our membership on this trip but declined.

Arrival - we have always used USA Transfers and as always service was exceptional. We checked in at 11am. Our room wasn't ready but we packed our suits for the pool and spent the day by the sexy pool until 3pm. Check-in has always been quick in our experience whether you are a member or not. Frankly I never notice check in as you get distracted by the vibe as soon as you enter the lobby. The new lobby is much more welcoming and energetic than old one.

Room - this time we stayed in the Bash Tower. 6th floor, 3rd room from the end. The room was great. Nice size with a sofa and good balcony. We are not picky about our rooms. We had previously stayed in the ground floor beach seduction suite and many times in the rooms overlooking quiet pool. As far as the room amenities I don't really see much of a difference but nor do we really care. The room for us is really just to sleep and #$%@ and that's it. That said I can say beds are more comfortable since the renos. AC worked great and washrooms are good. The one "benefit" of the Tower rooms are the views. Nice to wake up to bright sunshine over looking the ocean (Caribbean Sea), nice to watch the sunset, and nice to watch the craziness below at the pool and Bash and of course the other rooms. We never closed our blinds :). TBH we likely will save the money and return to quite pool room on next trip.

Food - Overall we were quite impressed with quality of food. We felt like it has improved a lot in our visits since the reno. For what its worth here are our reviews:

Sea Flirt
    - we think their breakfast is great. I like a nice diner breakfast and Sea Flirt beats that.
    Amores - we had lunch here 4 times. Slight variation each day and quality was great.
    Rain (buffet) - we had breakfast twice, lunch once and dinner twice. Overall good and surprisingly we enjoyed dinner. We ordered a bottle of wine for one of the dinners.
    Sutra - we ate here twice. Once for the hibachi show (reservation) and another for regular table (no reservation). Being from Toronto we are lucky to have a lot of excellent asian food options. Sutra doesn't come close in comparison but it does the trick, especially since we love Sake so we like to get a good buzz off of it at dinner. Atmosphere is good.
    Romanza - we ate dinner here twice (no reservations). We love this Italian restaurant and always get the specialty coffee for dessert - its a good show.
    She - We ate here once (reservation). You don't go to She for a big meal. It's 7/8 course seafood meal that is more for presentation than quality. The main part of this experience is the strip show which is classy and entertaining. You will often hear people say they went for dinner after they ate at She lol. Note we opted for the vegetarian meal which we enjoyed more that the seafood one we had last time.
    Flame - we did not eat here
    Bash - never got quite drunk enough to eat a cheeseburger at 2 in the morning
    Room Service - we did not order but heard it was good.
    Coffee Shop - Nice to have if you want to grab pastries and a coffee. I don't drink coffee but my wife did not enjoy any of the coffee throughout the resort. Still drank it but said not great. I grabbed her a coffee from Starbucks across the street one day.
    SkyBar - we did not go up on this trip

Gym - My wife used once on this trip and I have used previously. It is very good compared to most hotel/resorts I go to.

Spa - my wife got a manicure and said it was great service and well priced.

Sexy Pool - was its usual self - fun, crazy and at times a gong-show - all in great fun. Staff kick things off at 10am and things rock until 6/7pm. We found the pool to be the busiest it has every been since the reno. But it was never hard to get a drink.We had a Moet Cabana for the foam party. A little steep at $300 as you have to buy 2 bottles of Moet but we enjoyed it and it was perfect vantage point for foam party shenanigans. May or may not do that again. Music is generally the same every day but we alternated between sexy and quite pools so were never that put off by it.

Quiet Pool
    - we have always liked the quiet pool to get away from the craziness. Nice to relax, tan and read. Staff at this pool bar are top notch - Saby is the best!!!

Beach - not this year but the area in front of the quiet pool is also an excellent place to chill.

Store - the store on site primarily has a large selection of beachware and sex toys that are a tad overpriced. Didn't stop us from buying one of each though lol. If you need munchies, meds etc there are a couple of stores and pharmacies right outside the resort including.

Bash - the party at Bash is what you want it to be. There are decent shows that start at 10pm. Then the entertainment staff gets everyone up and dancing. We are not a huge fan of the dance floor as it is elevated and frankly dangerous - surely someone has been injured falling off. However it is fun to dance up there. the ONLY downfall of Bash is that the music seems the dame every night. So much so that we left early on the last couple of nights. It would help to mix in other genres on theme nights. For example disco/70s/80s on Boogie night. It seemed the dancing went on until 2/3am but many a night we heard people down there til 5am.

Overall quality of hotel - We saw a lot of deficiencies in our first couple of visits after reno. This time we found the hotel to be impeccably clean with no signs of wear and tear. We saw wear and tear in our room on the last trip and in some areas around the resort but not this time. For example - issues with Sexy Pool bartop have been taken care of. There was a leak in the ceiling in lobby on one rainy day but it was dealt with immediately and quickly. Hotel staff are constantly cleaning everywhere you go.

Staff - all staff were incredible. Big shout outs to Axel, Joaquin & Jordan on the entertainment staff. They went out of their way to talk to us regularly. Candelaria at Sea Flirt and Amores is fantastic. Angel and Hernando were great pool servers. And by far our all time favourite is Saby!!! She has been taking care of us since our first trip. She is great wherever you find her - Sexy Pool, Quiet Pool and beach.

Tips - we brought 3000 Pesos ($240 Cdn). We tipped our maid about 50 Pesos per day. Servers at restaurants 100-200 persos. 100 pesos at start of day for servers at pool and 20 pesos for early rounds of drinks at Bash. Saby is so good that she gets a little extra at end of trip.

The People
    - we are not in the Lifestyle (accidentally the odd time maybe lol) We are not prudes and definitely love the sexually charged atmosphere. We are a tad shy and so we tend to hang on our own and just sit back and enjoy. However we met some lovely people, had dinner with some, and enjoyed dancing with others. While we were approached a few times by LS people it was always with respect and never uncomfortable. We found the demographic to be wide ranging and if I had to pick an average age for last week it would be 40/45. Seemed like 50% of women were topless. Participation in theme nights was high. Ourselves - we would probably do theme nights if we were there with friends. My wife preferred to wear sexy dresses for the nights. I read a review where a female member said bring 3 types of clothing - sexy clothes would be comfortable wearing out at home, sexy clothes that would make you a tad uncomfortable wearing out at home, and things ultra sexy you never imagine yourself wearing. As my wife agreed she wore nothing from group one, some from group 2 and more from group 3. Also we both brought a lot of underwear and never wore it :)-

Conclusion - our best Temptation Trip yet. It really is a place for everyone. No one should be afraid to go - you will have a blast. We will be back in August 2020. We think the ideal trip may be 6 days/nights.

If you have any questions just shoot me a msg.

Thx
    D

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  2. Cindy&Dave

Cindy&Dave Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 1
    Great trip report, thanks for writing it. We're there in November so it's good to hear the resort is in tip top shape!

3. T&C.

T&C. Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    Thanks for taking the time to write such an informative report! We'll be there in 3 days.

4. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    Great report and shares a lot of what we think. Only question is...we are members also, and every trip we make, they get to us to upgrade at least 3 times/trip...how did you manage to only get asked this time? Even went for an upgrade pitch that we declined cause wasn't much of an improvement for cost.
    Glad that deficiencies are getting taken care of. We'll be there in a month and hope for it to be as good as yours.
    Cheers neighbors! ;)

5. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Great review. 50% topless, have not been in 2 years, things have changed. Thanks again.

6. COcouple

COcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 1
    Never been, is 50% topless good? Above or below average?

7. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    At the pools on our last visits, we'd say it's a little below average. We think the ratio kinda slips more in the topless proportion to like 60-70%.
    Anyways, it's high enough to get an eye full on the first day but then, you almost don't notice. :rolleyes:;);)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    In my opinion, in 4 times in 2 years. I would say it's 65-75% topless still. I have not noticed much of change in that one way or another at the times I have been there.

If anything those one piece thong like sexy suits have increased. Boobs out or not, you will hear no complaints from me on those swimsuits.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. wbboyd

wbboyd Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +150 / 0
    It's much higher in the spring. More like 75% or higher.

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    I am breaking out the popcorn bucket at maybe 50% full:cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice