Alcohol Quality At Temptations

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by oldies on tour, Sep 20, 2019.

1. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Drink more...tastes better!

2. Its4bothofus

Its4bothofus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Haha. But do tell. Maybe we will just have a few.

Also, I may PM you for more isla details to keep this thread about the alcohol.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Have to disagree with those who say the alcohol is not genuine as labelled.

It may be slightly different but it will be genuine. Products for export market often are different - cars, food, cigarettes, alcohol etc.

For example Fireball for the European market contains higher than permitted EU levels of anti-freeze so they export a slightly different recipe with reduced anti-freeze :)

Marlboro White cigarettes are all different between the US, Mexico and UK too. Cars sent to the UK are left-hand drive.

TTR have very stringent QC/QA procedures (they are ISO 9001 certified), and after the fuss in the US press about adulterated alcohol at a few resorts and nightclubs a few years ago the local Govt conduct regular inspections and testing.

On a recent trip I was at the Premier Bar when they were being inspected.

The guys were told off for not wearing hairnets, and a few other minor indiscretions like storage of lime slices.

There's no way TTR would get away with adulterated alcohol.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  4. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 2
    I’ve never been a conspiracy theory believer when I hear people say that the alcohol is somehow altered or not genuine. When I open a can of Coke or Sprite from the room refrigerator, it tastes nothing like the same products at home. If your regular drink tastes different than it does at home, it may be because all of the mixers that are added to the drinks you order have a much different taste. I can guarantee we get more drunk more often at Temptation than we do at home. If you can’t get drunk at Temptation, you’re doing it wrong.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    I have always seen them open sealed bottles, I have finished off a few bottles myself, LOL I agree with Steve exported stuff always taste a bit different, Either way I still drink it and have no problems getting drunk

6. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    I can go out for drinks here at home and I get white girl wasted after 3 drinks and a shot. I can drink all day at Temptation mixing manyyyy drink and shots and I only get slightly buzzed. Every time its like that. Also I think the soft drinks taste different cause in Mexico they use real sugar in them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    Agree. We left TTR and went directly to DRM, I had the exact same drink I had been drinking all week. After 3 at DRM I was like “wow I’ve got a good buzz”, whereas at TTR it would take all day and a concertive effort to get there. Left DRM to go back to TTR, same thing. Most people who are saying they don’t think the booze is watered down, I noticed are premier. Premier has their own bar, and as far as I can tell, they use it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Well we'll be at DRM in 8 days then TTR after so ill definitely be doing the liquor test at both.

9. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    I think you will wish you had it the other way around. After DRM we wanted to throw rocks at TTR. We will be back to TTR, but in our humble opinion DRM is much better, but much pricier. We will never leave DRM to go to TTR again.

10. Its4bothofus

Its4bothofus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Although I can get drunk in the US and TTR, my wife and I definitely think that unless you explicitly ask for an extra rum shot in your Colada, or 2 extra shots in your margarita, that you will have to down more volume in TTR to get drunk. I don't drink beer much there so cannot speak to that. But this isnt a TTR thing only, seems like the case at Breathless, punta cana hotels, or negril all inclusives weve we've been to.

Now.... is that because the drinks are watered down, or because our stomachs are full from the buffets, or because its harder to get wasted seemingly when outside in the sun all day. I don't know.

Just ask for extra shots with everything you order and you'll get where you want to be.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice