***april Addicts 2020***

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by matchandherbetterhalf, May 6, 2019.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    @matchandherbetterhalf Sorry, can't really help you with the wine list. Not a wine drinker, and I usually just find it humorous when people are ordering off the wine list at Temptation at the table acting all proper, and like they know what they are talking about. Which I am sure some of them do, but mostly with my crew I know the shit we were just pounding an hour ago, but now that we got buttons and shirts on we are the sophisticates.

I do know about reserving tables though. That's pretty easy, and I am normally able to do it same day or with one day notice when we want the private rooms. Sometimes I can get them to make expectations, and there aren't any requirements, but other times they are a little tighter on the policies and they basically say "you just have to order two bottles". Which with 8-10 people isn't really a big deal at all, and everyone just throws some cash my direction. I feel like the bill was maybe like $120-150 for that, and I just say charge it to my room (so I can use the members discount when checking out). You can also bring nice bottles with you, and they have had no problems opening/serving those in my experience.

As far as the private rooms, I think the Italian is the best place, because if I remember correctly, they have a door that can be closed if you are a little loud. Which to me is important, because we are always loud and I feel bad disturbing anyone else. The next is the Asian, which is nice from a noise perspective because the grill and noise from that play interference. The room at Sea Flirt is very nice looking, but I feel sound travels there too much.

Also, we did a group dinner at the Asian the one time and we asked to be served family style. That was great cause we all ordered a soup or salad, then they brought at like 6 large apps and sushi plates and just set them in the middle of the table and everyone shared. Then they did the same thing again with the entrees, and we just basically let the server pick all the choices for us. It made the ordering process and then the meal very nice. Depending on the group, I can see how some people wouldn't like this, but for this particular dinner it was a very tight crew.

upload_2019-10-9_11-52-28.png

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Sally&Harry

Sally&Harry Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Thanks for the info, very helpful. I think a private room for 2 might be overkill though!

There's a lot to figure out obviously. It usually takes us 3 to 4 days holidaying anywhere to find our feet and work out how stuff works, which is fine if you have 14 nights but I don't want to suddenly find that we've worked it all out and then its time to go home. What we need is the first-timers, top 10 Do's & Don'ts guide to Temptation, or alternatively, just drink so much that we don't care :p

3. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I am sorry, I didn't think I read your original question first, I was just responding about the wine and private rooms. Yes those would be overkill, as they are for groups. I am sure if you were to go to a restaurant, you could ask for a more secluded table for two if that's your preference. The restaurant "She" is also designed for two, but the meal is long and portions are small, but it can be special and romantic. There are also special dinners that can be arranged for eating alone on the beach.

4. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    I think “rules” are fluid with the size of the gratuity (mostly the one before you are seated versus the one after....).

5. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    Since it is the Big 5-0....why not try the beach bash/romantic dinner set up that @ScubaSteve mentioned? Would be different and I am sure we saw a dinner party seating of 10 last trip on the beach (but we were drinking with @ScubaSteve as well so maybe it was 10 people lined up at the hot dog cart???).
    Might be pricey but everything is negotiable in Mexico.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Mike, if this Easter trip plays out (I won't know for a little while longer), we should def plan or getting them to set us up with a group dinner on the beach. I would totally be down for that for Easter, and I don't think it would be too costly, and maybe do it on Easter (we will just make Lamb chops are on out menu :) ). It be so much better then my normal Easters.

7. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    Definitely! We are already booked (Master this time, but plan to see if we can upgrade again!! ...Bring on the Pope!!).
    Have to see if we can get some (or all) of the “new crew” back, what a mix!! You know who you are and that is not the official name but it fit since none of us had met before that trip!!

8. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Thanks so much for your input, Steve and Mike. Lots of good info. Wish you both were going to be there for Sean's big bday bash.

9. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    Maybe we can do a day (and night) trip......

10. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    EXCELLENT idea!

BTW, I emailed the resort this morning to ask to be upgraded to a Master suite for the first 5 days of our trip. Apparently the Masters are sold out for the 6th night. But at least that covers Sean's bday :D I wish I had to just booked the Master in the first place, but I didn't even think about it. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice