***april Addicts 2020***

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by matchandherbetterhalf, May 6, 2019.

1. Vacaybound

Vacaybound Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    New theme nights posted by TTR
    Monday superheros
    Tuesday angels & devils
    Wednesday lingerie lounge
    Thursday school girls & nerds
    Friday toga party
    Saturday glow night
    Sunday 911

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Rusty and Jill

Rusty and Jill Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 0
    Toga!

I like it, it’s been quite a while since I was in a toga.... and 911, I’m assuming that means first responders, handcuffs and fire hoses! Get ready ladies!!!!

3. The Original G Spots

The Original G Spots Baby G & Craig G Registered Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    Single guy now, thinking
    I'm also thinking about a solo trip for the same dates. It will be my 9th trip.

4. solsticeSassy

solsticeSassy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,424 / 1

will give one day to enjoy you guys! been a while ! Dan and Michelle 9-16

5. solsticeSassy

solsticeSassy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,424 / 1
    Exact same dates! Michelle and Dan from NB

6. NinaAndDave

NinaAndDave Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    First timers here and we are so excited!! We will be there from April 23-27. Does anything special happen for birthdays? The mister will be celebrating his on April 25th! Looking forward to making new friends!

7. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Welcome! Sean's 50th bday is April 21st. We are going to try to pre-book the private room in the Italian restaurant to celebrate. I think you have to buy bottles from the resort's grossly overpriced wine list to use the room, but you only turn 50 once, right?

We had a butler in April 2018 because we were staying on referral, and the butler decorated the room for Sean's birthday. Possibly they might do that if you stay in the Tower, I don't know. I will be asking, as we booked a Lush Tower room and 50 is kind of a special birthday. I'll pay someone to do it, worst case scenario.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  8. Sally&Harry

Sally&Harry Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Hey again, that's really cool, it's Paul's 50th on the 25th! We are staying in the Tower too so will have to see if I can get something arranged in the room. With so many special birthdays it should be quite a party! Not that we need an excuse though! :) Need to calm myself, still 6 months away!
    Just out of interest, what is grossly overpriced wine costing? Is it any good?

9. Sally&Harry

Sally&Harry Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Hi, we are first timers too so can't help with the question but the guys share a birthday. See you there.

10. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    That's great! (well, turning 50 is not great...at least not until you're 60, when I'm guessing turning 50 would be welcome :p) . There always seem to be lots of April birthday boys and girls amongst the Addicts. Anniversaries too.

I bet someone has a photo of the wine list they can post. @ScubaSteve is usually the go-to guy for that kind of question, but I don't know if he's a wine drinker. I seem to recall the bottles were about $100 and up, but I might be off base here, as we only took the briefest look at the wine list in April 2018. Being Canadian, the $100 bottle costs $130 after exchange, so we had a hard time justifying paying for wine when they were handing out the regular stuff for free. And we didn't think there would be anything good on the list. However, a couple who did not finish their bottle offered it to us because we were sitting at the table next to them, and it was a REALLY good. We have a 250-bottle cellar at home and do wine touring holidays, so we have pretty decent standards. So while the prices are hefty, there are apparently some good bottles on the list.

What I was going to try to do was bring a special bottle from our cellar to the restaurant, and then buy a couple of other ones from the wine list. We have a good friend who is a premier member, so I am going to put him to work figuring out what the rules are for the private room. I am also going to get a wine list, and we will research the bottles before we go down, as I don't think we recognized many. My memory is pretty fuzzy because we did not take any real interest in the list...and because I was no doubt intoxicated at the time (my usual state of being at the resort :D).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice