Alcohol Quality At Temptations

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by oldies on tour, Sep 20, 2019.

1. oldies on tour

oldies on tour Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Just returned from temptations on 9/16 we found the alcohol quality very poor. Our drink of choice is smirnoff vodka and has been for a number of years. The vodka that came from the smirnoff bottles at both the quiet pool and sexy pool were most definately not as stated on the bottle. Speaking to numerous people at the quiet pool during our weeks stay they were saying the same about the whiskey bacardi etc. Anyone else find the same problem?

2. Gotmilf

Gotmilf Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,097 / 2
    Yup. We only drink grey goose there now. Seems to be much better, although prob not grey goose either.

3. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    Owned a bar for a while. Refiling In Texas in uncommon due to the penalties. But they ain’t in Texas!! But i always watch them open new bottles and they are sealed. Is the liquor fake? Don’t know. We also drink vodka, and can def tell each distinctive flavor. Stoli is our favorite. Know what McCormick’s tastes like to goose. They all taste the same to us at TTR. Not saying your wrong. Not sure what you mix it with, but remember their mixers don’t taste the same.

4. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 2
    Our Skyy Vodka drinks are always great, and we have no issues getting drunk every night! When in doubt...drink beer!

5. Bcm1128

Bcm1128 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    We arrive Thursday. Guess we’ll buy a bottle of fireball and tequila at the airport since that’s what my wife loves. We like to “share”.

6. skimedic

skimedic Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 1
    I'm with you in the sense that I too like to go to a place like Temptation (no S in there anywhere) for a week and have a blast while meeting some of the most amazing people ever and then complain about such piddly shit as the quality of the alcohol. It makes me happy to spend a few thousand dollars on a vacation in another country and focus something like their alcohol being different than what I drink at home. Good times.

Just a thought but I'm a beer guy mostly. I literally NEVER drink Tecate at home. But I'll happily drink it at TTR because that's not why I'm there. I choose to focus my attention on the fact that I'm not at work, I'm at a great place, and we have the sexiest friends ever. If the alcohol isn't strong enough, we just drink more. But we drink it with incredible people at an amazing resort.

Just my thoughts. Bring on the lashings because I don't agree with you.

• Like x 12
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 2
    Very well said!! 100% agree!!

8. J_N_J

J_N_J Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0
    They have been doing this. I drink Crown Royal when I am there because their other Rye’s are absolutely horrible. They served me one that was supposed to be Crown and it certainly wasn’t. I took it back and told him it was wrong, he grabbed the Crown bottle and made a new one. Let me tell you it was not Crown Royal in the Crown bottle. I drink enough of it there to know the difference between Crown and a shit product.
    They did however listen to my complaint because when I went back they went and opened a brand new sealed bottle for me and it was right.

9. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 1
    We have been going once or twice a year for the last 7 years and I have never had a hard time getting good drinks. In earlier years I would tip a couple bucks each time we got drinks and now I just give them $20 at the pool in the morning and $20 and the lobby bar each night and tell the bartender how we like our drinks. After that even when they are busy if I just stand by the bar for a minute perfectly mixed drinks appear. Its always been awesome.

10. Jccouple

Jccouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +282 / 0
    When in doubt drink beer and enjoy the company!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice