New Theme Ideas For 2020

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jason & Bob, Aug 27, 2019.

?

Possible Theme Night Ideas???

Poll closed Jun 27, 2020.
  1. Christmas In July

24.0%
  2. Toga Party

32.0%
  3. Sexy Athletes

24.0%
  4. Cowgirls & Cowboys

40.0%
  5. Good Cop-Bad Cop

24.0%
  6. I've Been Bad!

12.0%
  7. Let's Play Doctor

36.0%
  8. At Ease Soldier

16.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jason & Bob

Jason & Bob Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 0
    Just put together a lil somethin somethin as far as some fun possible theme ideas for 2020!!!
    Whatcha think??? Think we could make some of them happen???

Theme Ideas.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    My boyfriend and I love the cowboy/cowgirl theme but it does end up being hard to pack for with boots and hats but we fly southwest so you know 4 free bags

3. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    I wish there was a hollywood/tv/movie couples night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I would agree with you, and second that idea. You could go many different creative directions with that, and some people might try to resemble someone of similar status and proportions. And even when it's the very hot months, you still have choices out there in pretend land. Some of themes are too hard for guys with the heat. I even find that even superhero night is pretty limiting for men and women, as so many superheros wear long spandex or latex, and how many Wonder Women do we need?

A lot of the options above in the thread aren't bad for girls, but I can't think of ways to not look like a male stripper. I am not sure everyone would find those examples "sexy" on most dudes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Jessica

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    Joe and I are doing Fry and Leela from Futurama when we go down to NOLA for Halloween. I have a whole line up of couples costume ideas!!!

I can totally get behind the Christmas in July idea though!!! But I unfortunately dont think I'll ever be there around july.

6. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    Theme nights are a favourite topic of mine. I think about them from all of the angles. So for anyone interested in my theories read on...

1) Creative/more complicated theme nights should be balanced with easy nights in any given week. So for example, if you do a uniform night, follow that with a white night. That way people who aren't really into costumes have an easy opportunity to participate and people who are into costumes don't feel like they have to put a bunch of energy into every single night.
    2) Any given theme should have easy options as well as more creative opportunities. For example: Anything 80's: pop-stars, superheros, 80's work-out gear, uniforms: keep it as simple as 80's make-up and teased hair to as elaborate as an actual classic nurses uniform or Like a Virgin Madonna. Yeah you'd probably see a Wonder Woman or 2 but it wouldn't be so predictable. If everyone participated it could be a real buffet for the eyes. 80's movies projected silently while dancing to 80's tunes would be super fun. Does TTR have a projector? Could do this with any of the other decades. It's important to describe the theme in a way that's broad and gets people's creative juices flowing. And if I were the DJ I would play a range of 80s tunes including: new wave, pop, country, rock, metal, and punk obviously selecting the most danceable stuff. I was an 80's kid but discovered some of the best stuff when I was older.
    3) lingerie Night: Never. Gets. Old. Have one every week; put a twist on it if you like.
    4) For Some... School Girl Night never gets old. And that's fair. I like it but get tired of just the typical uniform (as sexy as it may be). So I when I wore an Alice in Wonderland costume on school girl night once and you wouldn't believe the compliments I received. It's great to encourage people to put their own twist on whatever the theme is.
    5) Have something tropically themed. It's a nice reminder for those of us getting away from the winter that we've arrived in paradise: Hoola Girls, surfer dudes, hot bikinis, latin theme etc.
    6) Have a dude centred theme night! So often it's about the women, as it should be, but can't there be a night that's easy for the dudes? I'm not a dude so I can only guess but I imagine it has to be something with options that don't include too much bulky clothing as it's too damn hot for that.
    7) Glow parties are a natural for nighttime! Definitely a feast for the eyes! Again, a twist can be added (ie all green for St. Paddy's Day)

For the poll, I voted Cowboy/girl. The options are very specific and/or uniform oriented, I find.

I'll probably edit this later. If you got this far, thanks for indulging.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  7. Jessica

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    Totally down for 80s night and a tiki theme!!!

8. M&MToronto

M&MToronto Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 0
    Hey Jessica we did Halloween in Nola one year and it was awesome. Don't miss the krew of boo parade, truly something to see. The cemeteries are very interesting but can be disturbing. The tours are really cool I recommend them and the bars/clubs are amazing.

9. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    Will you pretty please post a picture of your Fry and Leela costumes?!!

Soo cool! I hope your single eye doesn't actually interfere with your vision. I suppose that's a classic concern of really serious costumes. Have you already put together/tried on these costumes?

10. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    For us in U.K. what about Good Brexit/Bad Brexit LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice