Tipping

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by funPAcpl, Aug 21, 2019.

1. funPAcpl

funPAcpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Arriving tomorrow morning. I know this has been discussed before but want to make sure we are covered. When and where is it appropriate to tip. I realize bartenders work for tips but who else??? Waiters and waitresses, anyone around the pool, etc. don’t want to short anyone

2. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    There aren’t many that don’t work for tips there. Bartenders, Butler(if you have one), housekeepers, waiters in restaurants, waiters at the pool, premier deck attendant that will reserve chairs for members. Probably leaving someone out, but tipping definitely helps with the service you get there.

3. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    The guy that shows you to tour room, anyone that delivers anything to your room, your housekeeper, and anyone else that goes out of their way to accommodate your requests in general. I also have been told you get the best service if you stick to one bartender and just tip for the day when you get your first drink. We didnt get the greatest service when we tipped on each drink. Housekeeper should get at least 5 a day, depending on how bad you mess up the room. Bring a lot of singles 5s and 10s. Keep them in your safe. I also like to leave special local things from home for my housekeeper. We left some local beer with the tip.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    housekeepers always get overlooked. We tip them $5 per day and also leave a candy bar, which we always bring an assortment of. We agree with the above post, tip the pool bartenders and Bash bartenders the first night, they always remember you and you get better service. We do tip the wandering barmaids as well, they really work hard for their money

5. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    We overtip......but I was a bartender and pizza delivery guy early on and we have been blessed in life so now we can pay it forward.
    You come out ahead in the long run.....$20 per day for the housekeepers and at least $5 every other interaction.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Alex1099

Alex1099 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    So should you tip in dollars or pesos? I've seen mixed comments and am on the fence about if we should get pesos or not...

7. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    We do dollars and have no issue but believe pesos are easier for the staff (or so it has been posted?? I can’t do that much math when drunk though!).

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    We tip everyone, pretty much all the time. I’ve never noticed any better service with tipping. Haven’t tried the big early tip, and return to same bartender. When they are busy, they are busy.

We did have a guy at the buffet ask us to come back to his section each morning. He did remember our drink preference.

9. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    Use american currency. Do NOT use weird bills or coins. $2 Bill's are hard to exchange in Mexico. Pesos works fine too but I feel like I under tip if I dont use american currency.

10. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    Cause their bills are smaller and look like something you get in a cracker jacks box!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice