Fyi: dirty vibes tower takeover at ttr - april 2-7,2019

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by MandEOntario, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    So what's the plan? You guys doing it??

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Am I understanding this correctly?

You're a member already, but have to pay a third party $500 if you want to book a tower room through Premier while this gig is on?

3. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    Waiting to hear back from premier to confirm. But yeah according to "them" the tower rooms are all theirs for that week. Hence the "take over". $500 is to be part of their parties ?? Up on the sky bar ?? And other rooms..

4. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    Yes, the extra charge gets you into all their private parties. They reserved the whole tower for their group. I joined their party April 2018. Personally, I wouldn’t do it again. They completely ignored us - got the feeling of you weren’t a perfect ten or already knew everyone, they had no interest in talking. Tried to be friendly, tried to make convo when ordering drinks. Got a head nod & walked away. It just reminded me of high school, we weren’t part of the ‘in crowd’. So said screw it & went back down to Bash. No hard feelings, but wouldn’t pay to join them again.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    I have no plans to book that week, but as a member I would be pretty annoyed and especially since we have a bash tower membership. I don’t recall as part of my membership presentation the topic that we can go anytime except for when they book takeovers, and we will get extorted to pay more those weeks if we want to go or choose to stay in a lower grade room than what we paid for.

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    What about two 5's?

7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    That is outrageous. I would make a mental note if I was anyone that is considering upgrading, or buying a new membership, for a tower room to ask for an addendum sheet in the contract that if a takeover books the tower, that you still are able to get your contract rate and will not be excluded from the room type you bought the contract for.

April and Early May are a normal times of the year for many of us, and if this take-over becomes a regular thing, then it could start to impact when people take their trips around this time period.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    I agree. That seems a little steep. Other posts mentioned between 300 and 400 to join but I believe that's what they were quoted at the resort during the event. May pay off to just pay to join once you get there.

9. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    The whole concept struck me as out of touch with TTR as it’s been known as a welcoming and inclusive resort and group of people. So when the takeover group started posting how they were excluding others I knew it wasn’t for us. Eventually the organizer started changing the messages about being inclusive but that was only afterwards and under pressure.

I believe it’s a mistake the hotel is making for their reputation to have exclusive takeovers in part of their resort rather than promoting the welcoming and inclusive space. All over just some some short term dollars.

10. HotforSun

HotforSun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +779 / 1
    Am I missing something here? Didn’t this already take place in April 2019.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice