Possible Meeting Next Week - Questions And/or Concerns

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by ScubaSteve, Jul 19, 2019.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to let the group know that, if schedules work out, I might be having a meeting next week with someone at a high level (outside of Premier).

I feel like I already know most of the major points I want to talk about, but if you have any suggestions about things I should discuss with management, list some of them out and I will see if I can get some feedback or answers.

I know Steve already does a lot of this, but maybe I can help too, and return with a different format Trip Review.

Thanks!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    That would be great Steve, thanks for taking vacation time out for doing it.

Number one for me would be heating the pool in the colder months. They say they can, and it's too cold Nov.-February, and pretty cool, just outside of those months. The pool is the center of the entire resort for most of the day, it should be more user friendly. They screwed up on the depth, and size, they could at least make it comfortable.

Second would be music at Bash. It doesn't really bother me, but it does seem to for about 90% of the other people, so I'm on board with fixing that. Down a notch, and better music, I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Curtis&Lisa

Curtis&Lisa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Definitely agree with turning down the music. It was very hard to hear anyone at Bash.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 3
    Agree with the music in Bash. I know its a subjective thing and a judgment call on the DJs part but maybe turn it 9 instead of 13 on that sound system. Also not ignite the fuse on the music debate, get a DJ that responds to the patrons in musical mood whatever that may be on the night. Another suggestion would be to get some air movement up there. On some nights when the natural air isn't moving its brutal. Of course on the upside of it being ungodly hot is it does help me sweat out some of the alcohol and the vacation bloat that start around day 4.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. RedSkiBums

RedSkiBums Guru Registered Member

Some town in the hinterland of BC, Canada
    Ratings:
    +1,415 / 8
    A redo of the Sexy Pool to decrease its depth. Open the rooftop pool/bar to all guests for a week while construction occurs, pick a slow week to avoid overcrowding if they want to. Drain the Sexy Pool of water, extend all bottom drain pipes up, fill with concrete to be level with the bottom step as you enter on the beach side (near premier bar), apply whatever near-nekkid mermaid/merman image they want on the bottom (vinyl apllique in segments ?), refill with water, heat it up. Boom, job done right the second time around, no more bitching about the pool depth..... evah!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. AndrewnAshley

AndrewnAshley Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 1
    Could likely accomplish the same thing with a fake bottom, that way they don't have to close the pool for any extended time. You can literally do half the pool at a time, where you leave the other half open. I mean if they were doing that level of construction, I would want them to make the pool smaller, that way when they raise the ground it would easier to heat because its less water/space and has the added benefit of people not being so spread out. Use that extra space to bring back the damn sports pool! lol I know, will never happen, but I can dream :p

7. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Hi,

Couple of topics I would like to see raised.

Safety

1. A path of carpeting for the entire washroom entrance at the north end of the sexy pool, at the far end of the buffet area. Tile is slippery as f..k and people heading to the washroom are dripping wet having often just stepped out of the pool.

2. Roof top bar slopes leading from pool to the washrooms need some high vis indication of slope vs flat and preferably some non-slip tread paint or finish. People actually lay down towels there to avoid slipping.

3. Basic safety awareness at any transition / slope or steps from prior level walking - not signs but just the usual color difference (visible at night too) and tread feeling difference for those used to sensing for that or even in bare feet.

4. Increased tread grip on slope leading from sexy pool towards south side washrooms and over to quiet pool. It’s tile in the middle now I think but good tread on the side path that I take. Flip flops on constant wet slope is dangerous.

Comfort

5. Better AC diffusers or slower air speed in the Italian restaurant. Ladies like to sit facing out around the perimeter but they are having cold air shooting down behind them and freezing them up.

Maybe close that 1 side of the 4 sided diffuser near the perimeter walls and windows?

6. A couple of large fans around bash like they had at Paty’Os to be used on high humidity or no breeze nights. Not high speed but high volume. On strategically placed and always running to help capture cooking smells would be good.

Maybe beef up the fan speed or increase duct size on the exhaust hood to better capture cooking smoke and smells at Bash. Perhaps a side wall of the grill area could help avoid cross breezes and reduced smoke capture?

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Danny&Jenny

Danny&Jenny Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 0
    Hey Steve, I for one would appreciate any efforts you would make. My take on TTR management is this:

Many of the same topics have been discussed for quite some time. Somethings that folks bitched about were before reno
    and many things after. I realize that TTR management is not glued to this forum and most the time probably have no idea of the issues that are being discussed.
    Many mistakes were made from the reno. Many of these mistakes would be very costly to fix and some would not.
    I have been going for over 10 years. Just about my only complaint over the years has been music. Each time I would mention this on the exit interview. The staff always seem to think the problem is people have various taste in music and they cant satisfy everyone, so they do nothing.
    The problem I think for most isn’t the type of music, it’s the constant repetition and the inability to adapt to each nights clientele. I feel the in-house DJ totally sucks and makes no effort at all to improve.
    The problem with the volume at bash has been discussed for quite some time. This does not seem like a very costly fix. Simply turn the volume knob a little bit, but has it happened. No
    This tells me that they either are not getting the information or they simply don’t give a shit. I have seen so many topics discussed over the years that very few are ever addressed, I tend to think they don’t give a shit. I guess somebody is going to have to kill themselves by hitting their head from a slip on a wet floor before that is addressed.
    Just my opinion.
    Good luck

9. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1
    Since this is a free for all, I might as well chime in. I’d avoid saying anything about the depth of the main pool. I know it’s an issue, I’m sure people have told management, but realistically they are not going to add a false bottom or fill in the tile work they have done. It’s a resort photo centerpiece/main design element - just unrealistic to expect it to change and think it makes us look like we are asking for the impossible.

I would reiterate that a DJ that’s responsive to the days crowd is key. Actual songs are much less important and impossible to pick out in advance. Just gotta hire a couple of actual DJ’s and spend some money on their salary.

I would work on the games/daytime entertainment. I know Temptation is not the Boobs Cruise, but the games have gotten much more tame during the few years we have been there. Mix it up some... be the risqué that you advertise. (The playmakers and staff are great - not directed at them, just the choice of games the resort pushes).

Install cubbies/lockers at the pool. While everyone loves reserving chairs - 1/3 of them are just reserved for sunscreen & coverup storage. That’s all we use ours for. Give us a cubby and we won’t reserve two chairs for the day.

Keep the hottub open an extra hour (more would be better, but better something than nothing).

Do a weekday nighttime party at skybar instead of bash. Would/could take care of the pool party complaint as well given that the skybar pool is already heated/smaller/part of the space.

Make the bracelet unlock your room. I hate carrying keys around. I lose keys.

Don’t advertise things like butlers that you arnt actually going to supply.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1
    I know that when I’ve asked about this at bars in the US the response is always that they don’t actually want people talking more. Drinking and dancing are what they are encouraging and more talking leads to a worse atmosphere/less fun/less of a scene/fewer people. No clue if it’s true, I’m not I’m that industry- but it’s what I’ve been told. I think the thought is that People who are talking are not partying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice