Lobby(conversation) Bar Under Construction

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by MajesticMelons, May 7, 2019.

1. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Update :) Literally a dozen people were working on the dancefloor installation yesterday, and it was up and running last night. Looked great! Waves and bands of multi-colored lights come on and off. Scuba Steve is right, they covered it over with clear acrylic. We only went to lingerie Night for an hour last night because we took off for Coco Bongo #myhappyplace so I did not try out the new dance floor. I am laughing at myself for thinking that the gritty prep paint was the new dancefloor :p. And apparently this whole dancefloor thing is not a Match news flash...I was told that it was installed last week (maybe before that?) and they had to take it apart because it stopped working. Has anyone posted that on CCC? I have not been reading posts, just doing updates to let you all know what's going on here.

I was not paying attention to whether the lobby bar lighting was low again last night, which was the first night since Sunday that the party was at Bash. I will pay more attention tonight.

Weather is amazing...hot and sunny, but not stupid-hot.

Big BBQ on the beach today for July 4th. I'll post tomorrow to report on the BBQ and the party for the 4th.

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends! :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  2. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Report on the 4th of July. :)

New crowd rolled in for the 4th...more hard-core American party animals around the pool. It seemed like more swingers, but perhaps that was just because there were more people in the pool. Numerous episodes of couples making out with their new best friends in the Sexy Pool. Interestingly, quite a number of gay couples arrived, more than I have ever seen at TTR in 6 trips. They did not seem to know each other, i.e., it wasn't a group that was travelling together.

There was a good classic rock band playing on the beach for 2 or 3 hours, and they set up BBQ food down there. Burgers, fries, mac n cheese, corn, some sort of a mystery meat in sauce (chicken?) and they were cooking ribs on a BBQ. We only had the ribs, and they were really really good.

A massive group photo was done at the pool that I understand will be posted on Facebook.

The DJ was spinning almost exclusively hard rock tunes in the Sexy Pool.

There was a Miss Independence contest, which looked suspiciously like the usual Ironwoman contest.

They had people roaming around the Sexy Pool Deck with push carts with stuff like paper cups of fries with cheese and bacon bits on them, and there was a Bloody Mary cart. I saw a July 4th drink that was layers of red, white and blue.

Dance show was good at Bash, but only one segment of it was July 4th themed. Probably 60% of people had USA gear on, though some people obviously didn't get the memo and wore schoolgirl and nerd outfits. Music was of course the same as every other night! We did not stay for the fireworks because we were wiped out from being up til 4:30 the night before at Coco Bongo.

Dancefloor was firing on all cylinders (photo below), and the ceiling lights around the lobby bar stayed off, so more people are using that bar, and standing around talking near it. There was very little breeze last night, so it was pretty hot at Bash. It was good to have the option of the lobby bar to step inside and cool off in the AC for a few minutes.

Bonus photo of Sean and I goofing at Bash :p:p

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. bradtallcool1

bradtallcool1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    WELL SEEING HOW THE TOWER LEAKS LIKE A COLANDER WHEN IT RAINS I THINK WE KNOW THE PROBLEM!!

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Ha miss you guys. Wish we were there with you

5. Van_cpl4fun

Van_cpl4fun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0
    Sounds like you are having the greatest time! Thanks so much for posting all of this info (and answering our questions via msg) Hope our paths cross one of these trips:) @matchandherbetterhalf

6. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    We narrowly missed you on our last trip too! I'm sure we'll get it right soon :D

Kyle, it's just not the same without the King and Queen of TTR here with us ;)

7. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Hi all! Today is our last day on the ground in Cancun, and tomorrow we will be packing up in the morning, so this is my last report.

White Night last night. Awesome participation level...I think the dozen people wearing other colors were embarrassed. Maybe it's because of the heat, people are wearing less clothing to Bash than our April 2018. It's also the change in the crowd in the last couple of days...more party animals. Quite a number of pasties at Bash, whereas I didn't see any the first 3 days we were here. Oh, and there are a lot more thongs and G-strings at the pool this week than I have seen before, on women all shapes and sizes. Just not me! Maybe next time...Sean is prodding me to get a Malibu Strings bikini.:)

The show at Bash was fantastic. The resort clearly brings in more talented dancers for the weekends. The dancers last Sunday and Monday looked like they were moving in slow motion. Last night there was a pole dancer who was jaw-droppingly talented, and a male and female who also did a Cirque du Soleil-type act that was also top-notch. If your trip includes a Friday, make sure you get to Bash for 10 pm for the show. I hear that the Saturday Glow Night show is also excellent.

The music SUCKED at Bash last night. I don't mind Latin music, but last night the shitty useless DJ played what had to be 15 Latin songs in a row. Then he suddenly switched to AC/DC and Guns N Roses. Good grief! The music was so loud that I gave up trying to talk to people because I just could not hear them. I guess I wasn't the only one, as there were a lot of people at the lobby bar all night, standing and talking 2-deep all around the bar.

I got on the dance floor last night to check it out. It is frosted acrylic-type material, so it is non-slip. The addition of the disco lights and elimination of the slipping hazard are big improvements.

Oh, so here is some sad news, if it is true. Some rando guest I was talking to yesterday told me that Jay (JJ??), the older playmaker who runs the games at the pool, has been fired. The guest that told me that said Jay himself told him. I guess we'll see if Jay is around the pool today. He was yesterday. I didn't see him do anything fire-worthy during the games, so I am not sure what is going on. He's so funny, I will be bummed if he leaves.

We've had another great trip. We did not know anyone on this trip, but you always meet fun people to hang out with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 1

9. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 1
    Would like confirmation on the firing of JJ? If true, would be really bummed!

10. Tim and Sarah

Tim and Sarah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    Us too! JJ is the best and we always hope he is on staff when we visit!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice