Newbies Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by BrianAndHeidi, Jun 23, 2019.

1. BrianAndHeidi

BrianAndHeidi Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    This was our first time at Temptation Resort. We stayed for 8 days/7 nights June 16th-23rd. We had a really fun and relaxing yet busy week, if that's possible. Here's my review:

Check-in: We used their USA Transfers service from the airport. We were picked up in a private SUV and taken to the hotel; its a 15-25 minute drive depending on traffic and time of day. It was pricey, but the driver had cold water and beers waiting for us so it was well worth it to get our vacation started on the way to the resort! Check-in was quick and painless. Yes they sneakishly offered to sign us up for the membership pitch offering 2 free massages ("Allow us to show you how we can compliment your RCI benefits" No thanks lady we don't need two timeshares). We declined and they didn't push it ever again for the rest of the week.

Our room: We had a bottom of the line "Trendy Garden View." It was cute, clean, and colorful. Housekeeping kept it clean and our mini bar (water, sodas, and beers) and bathroom stocked with supplies. We had a cute patio that we only used to dry our wet clothes out on. My only complaint about the room was that the bed was like sleeping on a cement block. I've never felt a more firm mattress in all my life. On our last day my back was screaming in pain. It still hurts as I type this.

Food: We ate at every restaurant. While they were all good as far as variety, we found that every meal we had with the exception of our fabulous dinner at She and the teppanyaki experience at Sutra need SEASONING. SALT AND PEPPER PEOPLE!!! I know you have to cater to everyone's tastes, but damn near everything tasted bland bland bland!!!! Food options at all the restaurants were varied enough that we had trouble picking out what we wanted to eat because we wanted everything! Breakfast options at Rain were great. Loved the fresh juices in the cute little glass jars. Desserts and coffee at the coffee bar were great. I think our favorite part of eating was getting burgers at the end of the party at Bash every night!

Drinks: They flowed very freely! They even had a tequila bar at Amore from 11am-6pm. We didn't find out about it until the last day of our trip! It was free! They had chilled bottles of tequila just sitting out with cups and garnishes (limes, oranges, salt, spices). We would have never known they had churro tequila had we not asked about the tequila bar. PS. Churro tequila is dangerously tasty!

Activities: There was always something going on. They worked really hard to make sure everyone was having a great time. The foam party on Saturday was a blast. Night time parties were awesome. Loved the different themes. People put a good deal of work into some of their outfits which made it fun. The pre-Bash entertainment varied. The dancers were just OK. They had a lot of energy, and as a dancer myself, I was impressed with the fact that they danced for 25 minutes straight with multiple costume changes. That's a lot of work, but it doesn't help the fact that the dancing and choreography is just BLAH. The acts that they brought in from the outside were great. The acrobats and flare bartenders were very polished and professional.

The included water activities were great. We took the Hobie Cat out twice during out trip. It was a super fun and relaxing getaway from the resort when we needed a break. They also offered SUP and kayaks.

Pools: The quiet pool was heavenly when we needed a break. It was clean and colder than the Sexy Pool. The Sexy pool was fun but after about noon there's enough pee, semen, and bodies in the pool that it must be over 95 degrees and disgustingly cloudy. But hey if you're drunk enough, which sometimes we were, you didn't care. Just don't open your eyes or mouth underwater. lol.

Atmosphere: Definitely a party place, but you could find quite places to relax if you wanted to. There was a different crowd of people from Sunday-Wednesday than there was Thursday-Saturday. You could tell towards the weekend there were a lot of people that could only afford to be there for 3 days. They were overly loud, obnoxious, rude, and just plain disgusting. They didn't respect others around them in the least. We left Flame restaurant one night because there was a table of 15 women who were so loud we couldn't hold a conversation.

Other things to note: We are a married couple of 8 years that loves to have fun. We are not swingers, we were not approached by anyone to swing, but many friendly people came up and made conversation with us. Everyone was friendly, open, and non-judgmental and we had a blast!!! If dirty jokes, sexual innuendos, breasts, or penises offend you, DO NOT GO. You will not have fun. Find a Sandals.

On our 2nd day at the resort we took the infamous "Boobs Cruise." Once again, if you are VERY open minded I highly recommend it. There was non-stop drinking and dancing, fun games, and great times. If I rate the resort an R, this cruise was a XXX. Seriously. You will see sex acts being preformed, actually they were encouraged during the games on the cruise. I spent 1/2 the cruise topless and the other 1/2 naked. It was really freeing. Bring LOTS of sunscreen for your body parts that don't regularly see the sun. The food at the resort we stopped at on Isla Mujeres was HORRIBLE; barely edible. The bartenders there seemed annoyed to have to serve us.

Checkout: They charged us twice for a daily pass to the Rooftop pool/bar when we only went once (we had a fabulously relaxing time up there though. the view is amazing! I recommend going at least once!). It took some explaining to get the charge removed. Otherwise checkout was smooth. We had the USA transfer service return us to the airport. They picked us up at 5:55 am for a 7:55 am flight. We arrived to the airport at 6:15 am, and the check-in line was HUGE. They absolutely should have picked us up earlier as we had to beg the manager of the Airline at the check-in desk to cut the line to check our bags in otherwise we would have missed the cutoff (luggage needs to be checked in 1 hour prior to the flight; we made the cut by 10 minutes; I don't need that kind of stress in my life).

Overall we had a great time, and I would definitely recommend this resort to my friends and family that I know aren't prudes. Would we go again? Maybe. We can go anywhere in the world with our RCI points, so we try to see a new place every time.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2019
  2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Thanks for taking the time to report on your trip.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the great report.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Boobs Cruise, not so glad to hear of the lunchtime experience.

Have to admit I never eat at lunchtime. It's not about the quality of the food, just I dont tend to mix drinking with eating anywhere - even at the hotel. My bad :) Plus on Mondays, Hooters (which is on our way home) has 2x1 wings!

I do know the staff and my wife always have full plates though. I've also heard many people say the food was fine.

As for your experience with the drinks service, I am not happy about that at all. Drinks service for myself is always great, although the beer could be colder sometimes. Obviously they know I'm the owner and I see them twice a week so they probably make sure I am happy.

After chatting with Jannet about your experience tomorrow we are going to give everyone half an hour and then make a special point of going table to table and asking how they find the drinks service and food.

If others find it as you did, words will be had.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  4. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    Nice report. "Semen" in the pool? :eek: Security must be slacking!

5. Al_n_Kristie

Al_n_Kristie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +715 / 1
    We returned home yesterday, and will write a trip report of our own. We did want to chime in, as we were on this particular cruise, henceforth known as "The Comic-Book Cruise", and say we are both still waiting for our beers from that lunch. We asked several times, and they said "sure, sure". Good thing we got back on the boat! :marshe:

6. NESP

NESP Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Great trip report, really gives a flavour of your time there and makes me look forward to our own trip starting on the 8th July!

7. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Thanks for posting your report! Glad you had a good time. :)

I just wanted to clarify for the benefit of other newbies that it sounds like you actually used the resort's shuttle service, not USA Transfers? USA Transfers would never try to sell you a timeshare, and is not expensive.

8. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    I love that: "Find a Sandals". ha ha. I was just saying to Sean this weekend that when we get too old for TTR, maybe we could try Sandals! :p

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I enjoyed the review, and I understand the Desire to go other places when you (and we) have the ability to do so... but that ending seemed sort of... flat after sucha good review. Glad you enjoyed it!

10. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    [QUOTE="I love that: "Find a Sandals". ha ha. I was just saying to Sean this weekend that when we get too old for TTR, maybe we could try Sandals! :p

Your NEVER TOO old for TTR !!!...…….. better that, than dead in Sandels, don't do it LOL... we travel the globe between TTR visits but never includes Sandels, had one bad experience that was enough…… TTR is now very tame next to a few years ago but from our experience, it's still manages to be streets ahead of others .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice