Sexy Pool Etiquette

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Panda L-Train, May 12, 2019.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I never really feel like the resort is like groundhog day, because to me every trip is vastly different. Our pattern always seems to change, some trips we are harder in the day and don't make many nights, and just this past trip we were at Bash like every night, up very very late, and didn't see the pool till like 2:30 (which is never really the case). Our room types and locations have changed the last 5 trips. And there are a few different groups of friends we travel with that alternate. So all in all, I don't really feel like anything in 9 trips has felt repetitive.

As far as the music loudness: I haven't been to to Desire, so I don't know what it is like there. And at home I don't go to clubs. I did go to an EDM event recently in Philly that quite the scene. It was also so loud you couldn't hear yourself think, let alone talk. 85% of the people there were on Ecstasy or something else, and they weren't capable of much talking anyway. IMO it was too loud like Bash, but I am sure that isn't the case for every EDM event. I do think Bash is too loud, and I don't think anyone wants that no matter their taste in music is.

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    I originally wrote that with just Kyle attached, but figured you had club background as well, so I attached you later. I should have been more clear, because most of that didn't pertain to you. Thanks for the response though. I do get too scheduled on trips, and need to try and do things a little different once in a while.

3. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Couldn't agree any more!

4. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    Well said!! We have vacationed all over the world and rarely have gone anywhere twice. We travel to experience the world.
    However, we go to TTR to PARTY and the party does always change because the people change so we are set for our next trip in July (which will be twice in one year) and maybe going in October now if a few people decide (hint @johng24 )! Should the resort keep the party sexy, yes!! That’s why we come!! Does the music suck, sometimes! Is it too loud, sometimes! Is the pool too deep, yes ( for Heather), are the games getting lamer, some....But the drinks and boobies are still free and we can drink, meet new people and party until none of those things matter!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Quote: Jen&Kyle..Have you been previous years at the same time and the occupancy was lower comparably? As of course time of year has a big factor in occupancy ?

As per our profile, been many times in May & June (usually 10 -14 days). NEVER have we been able to find a couple of beds on the pool side unless you left your towel on them at sun rise. We had a massive choice at 8.30 to 9 and if we wanted beds any where it was easy. As I pointed out the Tower terrace was also virtually empty every day. We've visited TTR 8 times over past 5 years and never seen it so quiet. On some days the playmakers were desperate for games competitors so few around. On some days the hotel was only 32% full...… you can only image what the quiet pool was like...!! Boob cruise days were obviously worse, as you take 50 out (and that's a small number for Steve) it makes a BIG difference. Have a look at The Mayors figures for May 2019, just 10 above the lowest figure since 2012....look at figures since 2012 , says it all. The hotel claims its low season but we've been before re-model and since and never so quiet. Lots of Members we know don't like the toned down atmosphere both around the pool and Bash, if this isn't addressed...………… it will be an overpriced RUI with a topless option.... as said previously by so many, it's the people and the party that make TTR so different , as we all know...……………..

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    It is definitely not as loud at Desire. At the disco it is really more of a lounge. Is it easy to hear people? No. But not the same level at TTR.

However, normal clubs yes they are as loud. Speaking for experiences in Vegas, ac, philly, Europe. Most have lounge areas to escape and more easily chat. I guess that is the lobby for TTR.

I get all the points on how TTR is too loud and agree they could turn it down a notch to make those convos easier but it isn’t something that really bothers me. Me it is more about the repetition of the same songs.

I would bet I could pick 5 songs, probably 10, based on our experience in April and 3 trips last year, and guarantee all of them are played each night in April 2020. I just want variety.

7. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Let’s hope they realize they need to go back towards their routes with more freedom and sexiness. And not the other way and try to go even more mainstream

8. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    This is Sam. You may recall the biggest blunder in advertising in a generation, the "This is not your father's Oldsmobile" disaster. They alienated their core customer in an attempt to target a new, younger demographic. Oldsmobile no longer exists, and they were MUCH bigger than TTR!

We chose to ignore the marketing and continue to come 3-4 times per year, but we sure miss our old friends and the naughtiness that was TTR!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I would buy an Oldsmobile. I had a 92 Buick Regal custom (gold w/tan interior), it was one of my favorite cars ever, and was our road trip warrior through the second half of college.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Panda L-Train

Panda L-Train Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1
    Thanks for all the info, everybody!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice