Last Minute Questions

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Deleted member 44875, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Deleted member 44875

Deleted member 44875 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope it's okay to post these here. Getting ready to head out next week! Thanks!

1. Can I print my boarding pass (for the return trip) at the motel? Do I need to bring my laptop for this? I'm flying Spirit and they charge extra to print the passes at the airport.
    2. Power outlets - are these the same as in the US? Any USB plugs for cell phone charging?
    3. Sunscreen - can I purchase this onsite or across the street? Does the convenience store across the street accept American money?
    4. What site is everyone referring to go to in order to speed up the process through customs?
    5. Has anyone ever been to the Xplor park? Not sure if I'll end up going, but sounded kinda fun. I love zip lining - just not sure if the price is worth it and wanted to see if anyone else had been.
    6. Will glow sticks be ok in my carry-on or will they confiscated?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Hi Bethany!

1. IDK
    2. same plugs, IDK USB
    3. bring sunblock with you...crazy-expensive in Mexico, like $30/bottle. Cheaper to pay for a checked bag than buy sunblock, and you look fair-skinned!
    4. link to immigration form: Mexico Tourist Card
    5. I haven't been
    6. They have liquid/gel in them, so I bet you can't put in carry-on.

Scuba Steve will fill in the blanks I left!

Have a great inaugural trip!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Headstone

Headstone Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 0
    1. Yes they have computers you can pay to use. They are by the coffee shop but I'm not sure about a printer
    2. Same as US and Canada with USB slot in wall by light switch
    3. Yes but way more expensive. Yes they do but easier in Pesos
    4. Not sure of this but there is the doing the Immigration form online and printing it before you go Instituto Nacional de Migración - Forma Migratoria Múltiple
    5. No but it is over an hour away and why would you leave the resort?
    6. I've only ever had them in my check in luggage

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    1. They do not have printers at the hotel (to my knowledge, but I don't know for sure cause I never looked). I would print your boarding pass before you leave home.

2. Power outlets are the same as the US. They also have USB ports in the rooms to plug into directly.

3. Sunscreen can be purchased at the hotel and across the street. (Be prepared to pay more than you would at home). Everywhere will basically take USD.

4a. People do the customs form online ahead, but it really doesn't speed anything up at all, you still have to stand in the same line with the form. Doing it ahead eliminates having to fill it out while on the plane or in the line. (which to me doesn't seem that big of a deal to fill out a simple form for 3 minutes when you are sitting there waiting for vacation).

4b. If you really want to speed up your time though customs, ditch filling-out the forms altogether , then just use the machines on the far left of the customs bay. It does everything for you. No one uses these, as people think they aren't supposed to, and no one directs you to them. I just walk right past the 500+ people in the line to the empty Kisok and do it all right there in 5 minutes.

5. Xplor, and all the other Xcaret parks(that the umbrella they are under), are awesome. If you want to leave for an adventure, this is the company. Be prepared for a full day though, and often times that's a deal breaker with Temptation people, cause no one wants to be gone all day.

6. I don't know about a carry-on, but they are allowed in checked bags. They are technically liquid, and wouldn't fit in a quart bag, so I am leaning towards them not being allowed in a carry-on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    I'm totally going to try kiosks this trip, thanks for the tip, Steve. I already filled out and printed my tourist card, but it's all about getting to the resort faster, so we'll try the kiosks.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Glad to hear, let me know how it works out. It's weird walking over to them, and it seems like you are doing something you shouldn't be, but it's totally fine. Then coming back you still have the little card you can't lose, but it's different and prints it out for you and the agent then puts it in your passport. If you have the forms already filled out then bring them, just in case the machines are off or something. The kiosk save time on the main line, but you still have to wait for a little bit (like 5-10 people) just to go into one of the agents on the far left.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. BandLus2

BandLus2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    I asked TSA about glow bracelets and was told they are fine in carry on. Never have an issue. Have a great trip.

8. Deleted member 44875

Deleted member 44875 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks all! Great advice here. Appreciate it!

9. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Steve, I don't know which terminal we flew into, but there were NO automated customs kiosks to be found. Maybe they are just in the terminal where most of the US flights come into. Our terminal seemed small. Southwest flights were coming in there along with our Interjet flight.

10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    On our last trip the line as clear to the door, nearly as soon as you got down the stairs. I remember looking at those machines, and wondering their purpose.

So you go to the machines, and then get in a smaller line to get your passports stamped?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice