First Timers Review 5-31 - 06-06 With Suggestions

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Scott&Courtney, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Scott&Courtney

Scott&Courtney Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    I get it. There have been tons of reviews of TTR and even quite a few from first timers. I found some very helpful and some downright leaving more questions than answers. So, I wanted to leave a review as a first-time couple that is not into the lifestyle.

Check-in:
    Really not bad at all. There might have been one couple in front of us at 12:30 but we were in and out within 10 min. They did pair us with a premier club sales lady but she wasn’t there to sell us. She simply got us a drink, talked through specifics of the resort and did try to schedule a meeting. We decided not to schedule a sales meeting then…and she was respectful to not push too heavily.

We went directly to the concierge and booked reservations to She for the next night and Hibachi that evening. Decided to wait to book massage and pole dance lesson (free gifts from booking.)

Room wasn’t ready but we changed in the lobby bathroom and stored our luggage while we went to the sexy pool. Multiple seats to chose from as this was low season for TTR. Stayed until about 3:30, went to the room and back to sexy pool for another hour.

ROOM:

We were in the tower but on the 2nd floor. We did find out the air does not work if the sliding door is even accidentally cracked open. Made for a hot night. The beds are decent…not great. The pillows are amazing. Décor great. Lots of storage room.

SUGGESTION: unpack your clothes into their closets. It makes it a lot easier than living out of a suitcase. Also, order a pot of coffee for the next am. You will need it. Also, ask for the highest room possible…not the 2nd floor.

STAFF:

AMAZING. They make this hotel what it is. Everyone there wants to make your stay the best. Also found out that most (especially the wait staff) only make $5.10 USD a DAY…a DAY. Yes a DAY!!!! They work 14-16 hour days and 6 days a week. Point to this is make sure you tip. They all tip share.

Best staff are 100% the playmakers. Make friends with them. Most will remember your name. I heard "Hi Escott" almost everywhere I went!

SALES PITCH:

We did it. It was 1.5 hours of our life we can’t get back but they were very respectful. We received $100 cash for boob cruise so mostly worth it. The deals they offer are good if you like to travel a lot.

EXCURSIONS:

Isla Mujeres: We took the fast ferry and got their golf cart. We wouldn’t make the trip again but we are glad we did it once. $21/person for ferry and $45 for the golf cart for the day at Pepe’s. Cool shops for tourist but the day we went was VERY hot and no wind. As for the shops…offer less than half of the price and you will normally get it at half price, especially if you are willing to walk out.

Boob Cruise: It is worth the day…even to a fairly conservative couple. Yes, ladies are ALL topless…yes people get BJ’s. Some have sex and most don’t. We were not pressured to do ANYTHING out of our comfort zone at ANY time. Lunch was great and we met some great friends. Overall TONS of fun!

FOOD:

Hibachi was wonderful. Typical 8 seats and great show. Food was top 2 for us. Yes, pants and shoes are required here.

She. I love Tapas and don’t mind a long romantic meal. The meal was romantic and quiet but the food was a major let down. Beautifully presented but quality was not good at all. The show is fun where two girls do a fully clothed pole dance solo and another one together. A lot of people get up and leave prior to finishing dinner. I would have as well but we did the $100 wine pairing which was totally worth it.

Sky 3.5. We were told not to bother because it would be hot up there and very slow. It wasn’t exactly quick but we waited in the pool while our food was prepared. Best food for lunch we had and went back twice.

Italian. Again, great presentation but slightly better than an olive garden type of restaurant.

Buffet. Its just a buffet…with decent food. We did eat breakfast every morning there which was not bad at all.

Amor Mexican. Best food all week. They had been closed down for a couple of days but we snuck in on our last full day. It was AMAZING and pretty authentic. The chef actually came out as well which is always nice.

Sea Flirt. We live at the beach and I am a commercial fisherman so wasn’t entirely impressed. Great atmosphere as we ate outside next to the beach. I had the Marlin as an app and couldn’t barely get it down. The meal was slightly above the average sea food chain restaurant.

Steak place. Not bad. The steaks are thin but come out hot and prepared correctly.

Bash late night. Do not...I repeat do not...miss the hamburger bar. Made just for you and AMAZING.

SUGGESTION: Just because someone else doesn’t like a particular restaurant…doesn’t mean you will not as well. Try them all if you can and make your own decision. We would not have gone to Sky 3.5 if we would have listened to others and it was one of our favorites. Also, just wear pants to every restaurant. Most require it and your wife will appreciate you dressing to impress as she does.

BASH PARTIES:

Imperial white. Defiantly dress for this occasion. It was a lot of fun and we met several people here just to hang out with.

Glow night. Super fun. We brought body paint but didn’t use it much. Our outfits glowed very well. You will see everything from simply body paint to light up clothes to plain shorts/t-shirts. Glad we decided to dress for each night.

70’s/80’s. Not our favorite night but still a lot of fun. Saw a ton of good costumes but really the least dressed up of the 6 nights. I wore cut off baseball pants which made nut hugging coaches shorts. Went back to room about mid way through and just wore shorts and a tank.

Superhero. We did the boob cruise so we only saw the first 45 min. I have read reviews saying to not watch the entertainment but do yourself a favor and watch this night. Crazy acrobatics and a must see.

Angels/Devils. 50/50 on dress up…lingerie for sure a good costume.

lingerie. What wasn’t to like…except that one guy….Most everyone dressed up for this night.

Warning: We had two different nights where we had a problem with a single male. First night there was a guy whipping women with a belt and running his fingers up dresses. He left us alone when told no the first two times but the third I had to physically confront him to leave. Bouncers were all over him and after the 5th warning made him leave. The second night there was a guy that would get told no by a husband/wife and would wait on the husband to leave. Once husband was gone he would approach again and didn't like being told no. Bouncers handled him as well.
    Bouncers were absolutely there when you need them and probably kept me out of Mexican jail.

EXTRA: Make sure you go to the hamburger bar in bash at the end of the party. The burger was hand made and so damn good.

SUGGESTION: Dress up for the parties. It makes it a lot more fun. Dance…even if you don’t dance well.

POOLS:

First…the quiet pool isn’t bad like people speak of. A lot less people but a place you can stay in some shade and actually talk to your spouse.

SEXY POOL: Pool really gets popular around 1. We were there every day around 9:30-10 and stayed until about 6. The Playmakers make it a blast. They offer dance lessons (totally worth the 20 min), tons of contest, and so so much more.

SUGGESTION: Do as many contests as you can. No matter how big of a fool you think you will be. I did belly flop (last place), Pole dancing (I sucked but got 2nd) and Surf competition (1st place). I really only regret not doing more earlier during the week. Get out of your comfort zone and just volunteer.

ANYTHING ELSE:
    Just feel free to ask. Everything is fresh on my mind!

Scott

• Like Like x 23
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    Great report! Glad you had a great time, and I hope we can meet you both someday!

3. Al_n_Kristie

Al_n_Kristie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +713 / 1
    Great report!

4. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Great report ... and glad U had a good time...thanks

5. SpringBreakCouple

SpringBreakCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    As future first timers, we love reading these reviews. Thanks for sharing!

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Thanks for the trip report. It always is interesting to hear different takes on the same thing. I don't disagree with the assessment of Italian and Sea Flirt, even though I really do like the meals there. It just cracks me up that with that in mind, you loved the burgers so much. They hit the spot, at the end of a long day, and we always get some, but to us they taste like the soy burgers we used to get in elementary school, and not sure what all the rage is about them as far as quality.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Scott&Courtney

Scott&Courtney Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    I think it was a surprise they hand pattied the burgers instead of “bubba burgers” and a lot to deal with 1. We were dieting for three months prior and 2. The grease soaked up the alcohol.

Don’t get me wrong...they aren’t Gods gifts to burgers but they hit the spot. And I was impressed with shredded cheese being applied and flipped onto the flat top!

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4

I hear that. We pretty much live a low carb lifestyle now, but not on vacation. Eating a full burger, bun and all doesn't happen, except on vacation. Can't wait for my next one.

9. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks for a fantastic report.

10. Sharon Varg

Sharon Varg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    Hey thanks for the report, so for dinner is it a good idea to revere ahead of time for all 3 nights we be there?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice