Thorough Review From A First Time Couple (may 31-june 5 2019)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by PatrickandLori, Jun 6, 2019.

1. PatrickandLori

PatrickandLori Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    We just got back to the states late last night. Have already googled "Moving to Cancun" a couple of times. Ha!

Wife and I are not lifestylers, so we chose TTR over Hedo and a few others (and to some degree Desire). We wanted the parties, the theme nights, and the "Spring break" experience. We were told it was a good bit slower than usual. Here's what we thought.

First Impression: Whoa! Beautiful lobby. We arrived on a Friday so it was pretty busy. We stayed in a Lush Tower room (with Jacuzzi) and couldn't have been happier. Check in was great, we went and ate a quick lunch while waiting for our room. Everyone was - in a word - awesome. Seriously. Just fantastic first take.

Theme Nights: We had so much fun dressing up and dancing. So many sexy people! The majority of the dancing took place on the elevated stage and so can be a bit intimidating for some. The theme night parties start at 10PM promptly - don't miss the shows - they are amazing! The staff kicks them off with performances. I won't go crazy into detail about the shows (gotta have some suspense). The wildest night ended up being "boogie nights" which we didn't even dress up for. White night was a close 2nd. Glow night was not as wild as I expected. Superhero night was fun but by far the least sexy of the nights. Again - don't miss the shows!

Food: There wasn't a single meal we didn't love. Our favorite restuarants were Sea Flirt and Romanza. SHE was a great experience - do it with the wine menu if you can! Our most frequented place to eat was the rooftop bar - AWESOME snacks and light lunches. Our favorite night of food was Appetizers at SF and then the Prosciutto wrapped steaks at Romanzo. But EVERYTHING was good. Don't miss breakfast at Sea Flirt! Also - make sure to reasonably follow dress code at dinner. We did see some couples gently turned away. Also - if you were one of the couples that showed up 25 minutes late to SHE - you're kind of a jerk. It's not just food - its a structured experience. Reservations are at 6PM and 8:20PM.

(most memorable food: Smoked Marlin (SF), Cajun Tuna (Sky), The soup at SHE (course 4?) and the steaks at Romanza. )

Pools: Sexy Pool is where the action is - make SURE to check the schedule on the board for the days activities. So much fun stuff to do and watch (Mr. Sexy Legs - Tequila Jenga). Spectating is a sport too. Don't underestimate the Quiet Pool! Great bar, good for meeting people and letting the hangover wear off. The rooftop pool is unreal. So beautiful. Great service. I think you have to be staying in the tower to use the Sky facilities. Room service was fun! We got in late one night (ok - every night) but one night we got in late AND ordered room service. It came about 10 minutes early and we had to do a quick game of "hide the dildos" - it was hilarious. Room service said "No Mira my friends. I see nothing. "

People: We miss everybody! The awesome staff. Our sexy friends from Mexico City (Hola Jose y Daniella!), our new friends from London (Hey Jackie & Peter!) and even met some people from our same town - we intend to hang out with them soon. Talk to people! In hindsight, we would have spent more time in the sexy pool early on - that's where everyone socializes before partying at night. It took us some time to be social at night because we didn't know anyone. We did get invites to play with other couples, but were never pressured! Besides that, we liked the attention!

One thing we wondered is how well we would fit in. Let me assure you body shapes and types are all over the place.

Drinks: Bartenders were really good overall. Please tip them! They work really hard and it makes a HUGE difference in attention if you tip a little. We had heard mixed things about tipping $1, $2 bills, etc. We asked multiple people, and they said they love anything they get and have no problem exchanging $2 for pesos. So that's great because I took 100 of them with me. Her favorite mixed drinks: Passionfruit Mojito and BBC (banana chocolate). Mine: Cazadores on ice with lime.

Extracurricular: Went to Isla Mujeres with Albatross on the booze cruise (Note: Not the Boobs Cruise) and it was ok. We were told it was snorkeling, but was actually more island visit and shopping with a little bit of average snorkeling and we didn't take money. The crew was great. It was our fault for not knowing what we were getting into. Does include a fantastic buffet when you get to IM. And spinnaker at the end. I caught some serious wind and got pummeled! Woohoo.

Also Watersports! Get instructions and go out on the Hobie Cats! Its included and so much fun to learn how to sail. Kayaks are nice too. Was a highlight of the trip.

Lets Get Weird :)
    Lots of sexy PDA. Pool kissing and groping. Plenty of opportunities to play with others if you socialize and want it. Over the course of the weekend we (not on purpose) watched 3 different couples having sex in public. One balcony, one bathroom and one in a pool. We enjoyed it. It was entertaining and frisky. YMMV. We saw lots of full nudity on the balconies. Quite a few penises - none worth sneaking pictures of though :p There was never any pressure to do anything (take off tops, etc). She did take her top off on the last day and it was really sexy. But no one ever even asked her about it. Some swinger couples are very upfront about what they want - not pushy, but not subtle either - just be prepared.

Extras: We got a free gift with our booking and chose the "Pole Dance Lessons". They brought a pole to the room and gave my wife about 30 minutes worth of lessons. Very, very fun. She was covered in little bruises afterwards!

Also - the couples massage was very, very good. We both agreed the best we had ever had. We did the 80 minute session and afterwards you have full use of the SPA (steam room, cold plunge, etc). Ambiance was perfect. Totally worth it. The massage is together, and hydrotherapy too, but showers, steam and cold plunge are separate.

What could be better: You will likely be propositioned for the "Premiere" membership. They say it isn't a timeshare pitch, but its close . We did it because of the coupons and discounts (50% off booze cruise and $90 off couples massage). We actually enjoyed our time with "Frank". He's very kind, and a GREAT salesperson. I would recommend doing it as long as you are good at saying no if you want to. I just wished they had given us more time to experience the resort before trying to get us to commit to future visits. It felt rushed and premature. I was "This is cool, but we haven't even been in the pool yet!"

The other hangup- and if I'm being honest its kind of a big one, its pretty disappointing that the pools close SO early. The rooftop and Quiet pools both close at 6PM. We were ushered out of the pool promptly. Would have loved to watch the sunset up there. The sexy pool closes at 7PM. It's a pretty happening place, and I get that it needs time to recoup, but we love to swim and it was a pretty big blemish on an otherwise perfect week.

All said - WE LOVED TTR!

• Like Like x 28
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Great report , thanks for your time and effort ...

3. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thank you for the in-depth review, very well written.

4. Al_n_Kristie

Al_n_Kristie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +715 / 1
    Thanks for the great report!

5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Thanks for the TR.

6. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 0
    Great for us newbies! Thx.

7. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    Love it!

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the great report!

Couple of questions if I may?

1. You joined cancuncare after your trip. How did you find out about us?
    2. Why the (boring) booze cruise, and not the (slightly more exciting) Boobs Cruise?

Hopefully you'll return soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. PatrickandLori

PatrickandLori Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Steve. hi!

We knew about and utilized the site prior to our trip, just as lurkers.

Also - we didn't even know about the "booze" cruise until we got there. We just wanted to go snorkeling.

Wifey wasn't certain about taking off her top, and we didn't want to be a stick in the mud on the boat so we didn't do Boobs Cruise.

10. Boy & Girl

Boy & Girl Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +202 / 2

Although I find the snorkeling lackluster to other places we’ve been, the Isla Contoy tour has better snorkeling fyi. It’s not super well known.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice