Boobs Cruise Boat Damaged??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BMO, May 10, 2019.

1. BMO

BMO Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Just read a FB post that the boob cruise boat was damaged while being serviced resulting in 7k $$ loss of sound equipment. Anyone on the boob cruise today have any issues with them using another boat.

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    The Boobs Cruise can actually use different boats. In recent times (cause the numbers are high) I believe the same large catamaran has been used. But for years there was another, and it changed depending on the guest count (obviously the bigger one is necessary when it is 100+ guests). I actually liked the smaller boat (and when I say small it's still huge...that's what she said).

I wouldn't worry your scheduled cruise will be effected. Steve was able to switch things around even today at list minute and I am sure the cruise was still rockin. And if you didn't know any better, a new person might not have even knew there was a difference.

As far as the sound equipment...Steve has upgraded the sound system many times (just keeps getting louder and bigger), if equipment was damaged I am sure they have adequate backups.

I am glad you asked the question, and your concerns are valid, but I have no worries that your upcoming cruise would be be negatively effected by the last minutes problems faced today :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. BMO

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Glad everything is good and hope he gets his damaged boat up and running again. Sucks to take your boat into get serviced and it gets damaged. Thanks for information!!!

4. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 2
    That’s the advantage of driving a rental!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    D906E424-BABF-4DCC-B501-DBD8595B07F0.jpeg From Steve’s post on Facebook. Wow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    I didn’t think you were on Facebook....?

7. Caribbean Lovers

Caribbean Lovers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
  8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I am not. Friends who are sent it to me on Kik. I am about to give in though and setup up a couples profile. Seems like the thing to have for some of these events we travel to a couple times a year. Scottsdale in June.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    The boat was taken over to Isla Mujeres on Thursday to have some mechanical problems fixed. It was docked overnight, at dawn the following day the boat was listing badly and taking on water. No one was on board. Not sure what happened, will probably find out in the next few days. It will be covered by insurance in any case.

We store our sound equipment on the boat, most of it is OK. We did lose two of our older speakers, ironically we had just had them refurbished earlier this week. Our newer speakers which are about 6 weeks old are fine, and a new microphone and mixer we bought earlier this week are fine too.

Friday's cruise went ahead as usal, we just had to wait a little for the sound to be set up as we cobbled together a makeshift syatem and had to wait for various cables to dry out.

We used a boat called Amazonia, which is actually bigger than Just Amazing. It holds up to 120 people. I prefer the layout of Amazing though so we will probably go back to that once she is patched up.

The party continues!

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. BMO

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Nice!! Glad you guys are getting it done. Sorry to hear your stuff was damaged. Booked for the 20th & looking forward to it!! Party Naked!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice