Lobby(conversation) Bar Under Construction

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by MajesticMelons, May 7, 2019.

1. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 3
    Thought I would pass this on for those of lucky enough to be on the way soon to TTR. I saw on the face book page that the lobby or conversation bar as some like to call it is having major construction done. The whole area is walled off.
    I guess when you open all year you have to fix things at some point. Hat tip to Paul Green on Facebook for the info and photos
    upload_2019-5-7_17-8-14.png upload_2019-5-7_17-9-51.png upload_2019-5-7_17-10-39.png upload_2019-5-7_17-11-12.png upload_2019-5-7_17-11-50.png upload_2019-5-7_17-12-32.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. yelrico

yelrico Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    I was there last week. The floor tile buckled. Should be fixed in a week or two

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Hope it’s done in 33 days and 22 hours.:)

4. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    How could this reno happen already, given the new construction/renos only 18 mths or so ago?
    Hmmmm... wondering if maybe the recent takeover group or single guys are somehow behind this ??? :) kidding!

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  5. Emman

Emman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +305 / 0
    Yep. Spot on.

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    We were there 1st week of May when they were actually starting the job, putting up the plasteen sheeting so they could start the demo.

FYI - the general worker bees are not told anything, apparently. I got three different stories from bar staff, housekeeping and restaurant servers. Oh, yeah... butlers too. So, four stories actually.

One was the tile buckled...so there ya go. Next was that management decided to get rid of the tile that was so slick... which seemed kind of arbitrary to me considering they opted to put it in in the first place, so if it wasn't otherwise faulty I don't see them removing it. Another reason was that there was a water leak that was creeping under the tiles on that floor, between the concrete slab which makes up the underfloor (no clue), and the last was that they are starting a redocration of the lobby bar area, and starting witht he tile floor.

7. BandLus2

BandLus2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    We just got home on 29th. It seemed to be done. Added a wheelchair ramp out to Bash from lobby. They are also starting renos in Bash tower. Could see workers in room's scraping the walls. Our tower room had the floor starting to hump up. All we needed was some paint and we could have played twister.

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Wonder what causes the floors to hump up?

Any constructo-types here with a possible explanation?

9. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Don’t know the actual cause, but rushed shotty work seemed to be the way this project was carried out from the start.

Lol, is here anything about the Reno you can really say they got right? Pools too deep and cold, raised dance floor in Bash divides the room, and makes the bar side cramped, chairs around sexy pool suck, chairs pretty, much, around any of the bars suck, and not much about the bathrooms in the older sections work real well.

I will say they managed to find a really loud sound system for Bash, and apparently a volume knob that goes to 11, and besides it all I’ll still keep coming back.

10. PardonTheFun

PardonTheFun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +696 / 0
    98% chance that buckling damage to the tile was in one way or another caused by moisture. A water leak between the tile and subfloor could cause failure and buckling, depending upon what kind of adhesive was used in the installation. Therefore, a water leak, causing the tile to buckle made management take a hard look at the slick tile and decided to put something safer, in a different color, therefore making all four explanations given to @Stacia_and_John in effect ALL probably near accurate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice