Partial ‘takeover’...some Facts And Opinions About Groups Coming To Ttr

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jen&Kyle, May 2, 2019.

1. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Is Keto "safe"?

2. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    REALLY? Sounds like it could be fun!!! ;)

3. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4

Not they sure if you are doing a more full report. How were water temps during your stay? Any thoughts on the night time pool parties that were tried?

4. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    We were there last year during same time period and there was a similar group. We had no idea until a couple messaged us thinking we were part of the group. No big deal, but would have been nice for a heads up when we booked thru premier. Only thing we noticed was they closed the sports bar one night. I will say it definitely changed the vibe and got much younger for those nights and much more upscale sexy dress rather than goofy costumes. Not judging, just our observation.

5. FreezingCold

FreezingCold Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +369 / 0
    I’d have a real problem with this if we were there and couldn’t go up to the members area and have lunch because of a takeover. That’s ridiculously absurd. I’ve never complained to a manager at any restaurant, hotel, or store in my life but I wouldn’t go quietly on that one, sheesh.

I’ll fight for my right for those mozzarella sticks.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Really depends on the time you are visiting. Trip one we got upgraded for free. Trip 2 we upgraded on site for $250 a night after already booking a lush. Trip 3 we booked via cheap tickets.com at $400 a night while the Temptation website had it priced at $850 a night. Trip 4 was the takeover and they were trying to get $1200 a night so we passed.

7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I am not sure yet. I am having trouble coping with reality. This expecting me to work thing to get money so I can go on lots of vacations is just really hard to do when i basically just want to do the vacation part and skip the rest. We have all been there. I did write down a bunch of stuff on the flight home like I usually do so I just need to find the time and energy. So to answer your questions... when sunny water temperature was perfect. When cloudy, later in the day it was chilly. Sky bar pool was warmer. Maybe due to less water to heat up as the days get longer and temps get warmer. The parties at night at the sky bar were awesome. Some swam but most did not. These were for the takeover group only and not resort run so I think it was just for the group. Sorry. On the last night, as mentioned above, everyone was allowed to invite non group friends to the party. It was actually the least crowded night though as several had very early sunday flights and some were frankly partied out by night 5. Still a fun time. But the rumor from some staff and hearsay from what the GM was saying to others when visiting was they considered doing the pool party up there but understandably were worried about the facilities being able to handle it.... there is one mens room on the side and another women on the other side. They were talking about adding temp bars on the ends of the U shape to help spread the crowd away from the main dance floor. But ultimately decided not to use the last night at the guniea pig to try it out for all and still had the regular Bash party. I am skeptical as to whether it can handle the full resort but think it is worth trying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    I hear you, Kyle. Every time I get back from vacation, I rail against getting back in the yoke, and I move my planned retirement date up. :)

9. voyons5

voyons5 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +158 / 0
    Any further developments on how the Dirty vibes takeover is being managed this coming year? We are planning our trip precisely at that time. (work conference immediately after so really don't have date flexibility) Friends may join us. some are members. Having messaged RC travel they make no mention of the availability of a event only available fee. Any input is appreciated.

10. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    What info are you looking for? Sounds similar to last year with the tower takeover plus plush jacuzzi rooms. Private parties at sky lounge a couple nights, etc Can still book outside the group in ocean and garden and Temptation suite rooms. Will likely be a fee to join group parties if you wish and if you don’t book with them but don’t see that posted yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice