Partial ‘takeover’...some Facts And Opinions About Groups Coming To Ttr

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jen&Kyle, May 2, 2019.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Trying to add something new to the thread topics on ccc but maybe it will still be as exciting as the typical controversial picture taking, lounge chair saving, single guy groping, restaurant dress code threads :)

We visited TTR from April 2-7 2019 as part of the Dirty Vibes partial ‘takeover’ / group. I found there was a lot of misinformation and incorrect assumptions leading up to the trip and ever since on here about this particular group and groups in general at TTR.

Purpose of this thread is to share some of the facts, clear up some myths and then share some opinions based on our first hand experience. Hopeful that we can clear up some items and most importantly enable others to decide whether to visit TTR or not when a takeover group is visiting.

Facts...

This was a partial ‘takeover’ or group as some like to say. There has not been a complete takeover, yet, at the new TTR and as far back as I have been around (2012) for the old TTR. Partial takeover in this situation meant 175 rooms. The takeover part was the tower. If you wanted to stay in the tower you had to book thru the group. The group also booked up the plush jacuzzi rooms and allowed some on a budget to book garden rooms.

The group had private events in the sky bar that you had to be a part of the group to join (1 exception explained later).

Those events included...
    • Tuesday night party
    • Wednesday late afternoon party
    • Thursday night party
    • Friday late afternoon party
    • Saturday night party
    Group brought their own dj’s who played Wednesday night and Friday night at bash and Saturday afternoon at the foam pool party. And of course at the private events too.

Cost for the trip for us was $2750 for 5 nights in a Lush room. More than we have paid during our other 3 new ttr trips by booking via 3rd party sites and those were in the Master suite. However, if we wanted to stay in the tower we had to pay the higher price.

If you wanted to book your own room but join the takeover you could pay for a garden or ocean view and pay $350 per couple to join their events.

The group had other private events including a late afternoon room crawl and a 1:30am room crawl and their own cruise (more on that later).

The group returns in 2020 starting April 28th for 5 nights. Currently the same ‘Tower takeover’ with the option to increase the scope of the takeover.

Myths... myth in italics

You can’t go as part of the group if you are premier. The truth is you could actually contact premier say you are a part of the group and book via your regular contract deal in the tower. You would then be charged $350 extra per couple to cover ‘group costs’

Premier members could still use the sky bar during the week. Reality was whether the takeover group was up there or not the resort was not allowing premier members to use the sky bar for any reason...lunch, hang out, swim. Not allowing non group people up there outside the planned parties was a ttr management decision. Not the group. The group could use the sky bar whenever they wanted.

The group is hardcore lifestyle and lifestyle only. Reality is many in the group at many different stages. Some more in the swayer category, some all about the party and see what happens, some just girl girl fun and some more.

Opinions... sorry, I tend to have lots of them.

Although not 100% lifestyle, majority some level of lifestyle. Definitely created more of a play atmosphere in our opinion. Lots of party party party with things happening around the party. Group was embraced by the resort as generally speaking the group was well behaved and respectful of the rules and what is and is not allowed in public. Don’t shoot the messenger here but I would describe it as a little more classy sexy then raunchy sexy if that makes sense. People decked out. Lots of dancing and touching and kissing but it mostly ended there in public. Resort / security was way less strict with outfit and activities when compared to previous 3 new ttr trips assuming they wanted the group to have fun and be happy. Didn’t see a single issue entire trip. Topless was 100% allowed at sky bar parties and bending the topless rules at Bash seemed to be ‘permitted’.

The GM came and talked to the group. He made it very clear that this was the type of demographic they are going for. I put this in the my opinion section as who knows if he is doing this for everyone that visits but besides for the reopening party I had never seen the GM talk to groups in our many visits before. Focused on how they loved the type of music the group brought with them, the sexy classy vibe and how they would be changing it up at Bash as a result. Took that to mean more club variety and not just the house dj hitting play every night. Already heard reports from people visiting after us in April that maybe this is occurring. Curious if repeaters agree it has changed a little?

The resort is now open to full takeovers. The option was presented to the group for next year but they decided to not take it, yet. It would obviously be a big financial risk to go from 175 rooms to a commitment of 426 rooms. Of course this may change based on early bookings. And I know several room categories are already booked (missed out on my Master Suite favorite again :( )

The assumption is that 'groups' are not inclusive. We didn't know many from the group before joining and were welcomed with open arms and legs (ha, kidding, kind of :) ). You could still pay the $350 and join the group if you didn't book thru them. You could still pay the $350 and join if you are premier. And the last night where they booked the sky bar for a big night end of trip pool party group members were encouraged to bring people that were not a part of the group to the party. My opinion is groups can look exclusive from the outside but this one, if you made an effort, was very inclusive.

Another item they organized was their own cruise (note I refuse to call it a Boobs Cruise). I hated that they did this in direct competition to Steve's Boobs Cruise the day before his cruise. We didn't go on it but the word was it was lame. I mean how can a cruise compete with the entertainment of chinos and team? If you do a takeover just stick with the one and only Boobs Cruise.

To conclude, I think it is clear that partial takeovers or groups are not going away. It is just a matter of understanding what the group will mean to you and then deciding to join or avoid. For us this was a home run… solved our music issues, a lot of very sexy like minded fun inclusive people, and as a result we enjoyed what we typically enjoy about TTR times 10. We enjoyed the group so much we will likely save our next visit for April 28 2020. Hopefully throw in a Europe, Vegas and Desire trip in between :)

Feel free to ask any questions. Open book.

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Kyle, here's a question, since you asked for them. It's not about the Dirty Vibes group though. You mentioned Europe. Are you & Jen joinging us on the Desire Greek Islands cruise in 2020?

3. DkandCristelli

DkandCristelli Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0
    Kyle, was it couples only?

4. Gotmilf

Gotmilf Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,097 / 2
    Did security "allow" more pda at the private sky bar parties?

5. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1
    Thanks for the write up - was curious as to how that group went down, as all I originally saw was consternation at SkyBar being closed.

They had a guest DJ Saturday April 27 and dancing/bash was significantly more fun than the other nights. Only issue is that 1 night of good music (not sure music is good, it just flowed with the theme/night/dancing and wasn't disjointed) makes house DJ the other nights more painful. If a group takeover gives my wife better music, we may forgive their doubling of the price.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Great info Kyle.
    Thanks for taking your time to post !
    Much appreciated.

7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    If it were up to me yes. Still working on the Mrs. She does not like the idea of a cruise despite never having been on one. To me the combo of Desire with either the Greek isles or the French Riviera sounds amazing.

8. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    It was advertised as couples only and I only saw couples but I saw that a single guy on here mentioned he was able to pay the $350 and join the group. I didn’t see him and I wish I could recall his name because I would be curious as to how that worked out. But the majority, if not all, for the group was couples

9. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Most definitely. Girls seemed to be able to do whatever they wanted to other girls. The security hung out on the ends. The mass of people kind of hid whatever you wanted to do in the middle.

10. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    This reminds me of something I left out. I get now why they can’t do the nightly pool party on the roof. No way the facilities could handle the entire resort up there. The bathrooms are limited. One main bar. And with 175 rooms it was tight but still bearable. If you more than double the crowd sorry but I don’t think it would of worked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice