Upgrade Room?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by VitaminP, Apr 12, 2019.

1. VitaminP

VitaminP Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0
    We'll be there May 2nd - 7th for our first time. When we booked, the only room option was Trendy Garden View.

Thinking about possibly upgrading our room. The options now appear to be Plush Jacuzzi Suite or Bash Tower Ocean View.

I think the Jacuzzi suite is pretty self explanatory. Any advantages to a Tower Room?

2. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    Bash tower comes with free room service (normally $5 fee), and access to sky bar (I think we went up there twice). It is also accessed thru the lobby via an elevator. If those things are important to you, then spend the extra money for bash, if not, anything will do.

3. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 2
    We’ve always booked the Garden View rooms on the courtyard. It’s personal preference, and for us, we’d never book in the tower. For us, staying in the tower is too much like being in a regular hotel with elevators and hallways. You can’t go wrong here, really!

As far as the jacuzzi rooms, we don’t spend enough time in the room to pay extra for a view or jacuzzi.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. ThePutSluppies

ThePutSluppies Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +397 / 0
    We stay in the Bash tower. The rooms are larger than garden view rooms and we really like the view from bash since you are elevated. The sexy pool and ocean views are beautiful from up there. You also get free access to the rooftop pool/bar/hot tub, which I think might be $20 per day if you stay in the garden view. We have stayed in the garden view in the past and had no complaints at all. Any room we have stayed in was very nice so it's just personal preference.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. TimAndBrenda

TimAndBrenda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 1
    The plush Jacuzzi rooms are located on the bottom floor around the quiet pool. Score one for being on the bottom floor and score two for being on the quiet side of the sort. However, don'tlet the "Jacuzzi" fool you. The description should read "plush bathtub suite" as the Jacuzzi is only the size of a large bathtub.

We like the location of the plush Jacuzzi room, however we pay extra for the location not the Jacuzzi.

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I only stay in the penthouse, cause I'm a baller like that. Everything else is for peasants.

upload_2019-4-12_11-8-46.png

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  7. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    We have stayed in the Jacuzzi rooms on all three trips. Main reason was it guaranteed a first floor, so the location was nice. Pretty sure we are getting a Bash Tower room this time. Just want to try something different, and enjoy the views. We are using flyer miles for the trip, so it won't cost as much, otherwise, unlike Scubasteve, money is a deciding factor for us....

8. Steve & Kay

Steve & Kay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,930 / 1
    We booked a plush Jacuzzi room pretty much because it was bigger and kind of because it has a Jacuzzi but that wasn’t a big deal. However, I did not know that those rooms were only on the first floor? I wanted a view of the ocean. If this is correct then I made need to consider changing something. What do you think?
    -Steve

9. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    The Plush Jacuzzi rooms are around the quiet pool on the first floor, and only a couple would have at best a limited view of the ocean. You would have to upgrade to one of the rooms at the end of the the "U" to get an ocean view, and only a couple of those have balconies.

10. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    The Jacuzzi rooms are on the first floor in the "Relax" area below I put red lines on. These are all ground floor rooms around the quiet pool. You don't necessarily have a direct view of the ocean, but depending on your placement, you could see it if you looked outward.

1st floor - 3rd floor...it doesn't matter. The ocean view rooms and the tower rooms are the ones that have 100% ocean view (again some are better than others)

However, I think you made the smart choice. I normally recommend anyone that is concerned about the room, but doesn't want to stay in the tower, to book a Jacuzzi. If you're willing to pay the extra for it, it's a no-brainer because you know exactly where you will be, and what you are getting. (the garden view rooms can be hit or miss)

upload_2019-4-12_12-36-57.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice