Quick Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Garry n Jo, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    This was our 6th trip to Temptation and 2nd trip after the renovation. The newly renovated resort is nice and I am happy with what they have done with the place. All of the restaurants are nice and the food was excellent with the exception of the buffet it was just ok. On our first trip after the renovation on April 2018 the resort had some changes to the entertainment but was still similar to the Temptation we fell in love with. On this trip March 8th through the 15th there was a noticeable change in the resort entertainment and the activities and we were not happy with. It seem the resort is leaning towards the same old cookie cutter pool games as every other Mexico resort out there movie trivia really? I don’t want to go into detail of the old games but they definitely Tempted people more and were fun.

Bash was fun and the music this year I thought was good but please people put your FUCKING phones away and unplug for a week. We saw people every day on multiple occasions walking around filming themselves and others and that is such a turn off and I just do not understand why people feel they have to do that. Entertainment staff and people around the pool were quick to spot them and tell them to stop during the main pool games but seriously people STOP.

The rooms are nice and the maid staff was excellent and work really hard. Every staff member we ran into was super friendly and went out of their way to help us.

Bars were awesome and drinks were all really tasty and most mad our drinks perfectly. There was one exception and only on one night we went in to the sports bar and the bartender was so wasted he couldn’t serve us our drinks not a big deal really just an observation. One other gripe was when we tried to order a round of 6 drinks at the sports bar for our group we were told we could only have 2 at one time. Our group was hanging outside of the sports bar near the quiet pool just talking and waiting for dinner. What is the point of limiting guest to only 2 drinks at an all-inclusive resort I do not understand that.

Entertainment staff in general was good although some try way too hard and do not have the right personality for that job. Poppachulo excuse my spelling was probably my favorite daytime playmaker. And Denmark I forgot her first name was super friendly and outgoing.

I am sad to say that this will probably be our last trip to Temptation in Cancun as it has lost its luster and what we loved about it. If Temptation is just going to be like every other resort in Mexico with the exception of being topless optional I would rather just go to Cabo and save a bunch of money.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    we have been going since before the reno ..and they have always done movie music and music trivia and normal trivia as well .. years ago jj made fun of me because instead of saying mandarin I said Chinese for the most spoken language in the old pool one year
    sorry your trip wasn't to your liking
    we were there during that same time and had a blast

3. Garry n Jo

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    We still had fun it's just not the same at all.

4. DontActMyAgeOnVacay

DontActMyAgeOnVacay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    Thanks for your post. Having never been, and our first trip just a little over 2 weeks away, it was a bummer to read the trip report post. I appreciate the original poster sharing their personal experience, but your response certainly framed it in a much happier light!

5. Garry n Jo

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    Dont get me wrong you sill still have an amazing time and it is still lots of fun. I just dont think I will be going back every year like I had planned. By allmean do not let my post discurage you from goining that was not my intention at all. I will return but we will probably just take a few year break. Go and have fun.

6. Deleted member 43764

Deleted member 43764 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We went for our first time a month ago and had a BLAST!!! We are booking for October now!

7. FreezingCold

FreezingCold Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +369 / 0
    It might be almost better if you never went to TTR pre-renovation. It’s still an amazing place—the best.
    It’s just different. We’ve been going annually since 2011. Last year I remember walking around and feeling like it wasn’t the same place as I remembered and I missed a lot.

For example, the new sexy pool is huge and deep and cold. The old one was smaller, warmer, and the water level did not cover the boobies (hooray)
    So I really miss many aspects of the old sexy pool, and how crazy it got in some of the “hot tub” areas....but I DO NOT miss the nasty foam and grime that appeared every day along the edges and around the hot tubs lol.

Almost every aspect is a little different. I’m really looking forward to going back this year now that I know what to expect. It’s not the exact same resort that I fell in love with in 2011 when we purchased a membership after being at the resort for less than a day. But the great thing is the people are the same, which is the magic of TTR.

It’s still the best resort on Earth in our eyes.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • List
  8. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    every one who ever went to the old resort says the number one complaint is the pool ..if we had all the new stuff but still had the old pool we would happy .
    it isn't the same ..I tell people the old place was like the best dive bar in the world
    but the new place is good to
    you just have to roll with the changes

9. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,626 / 4
    Yep...........

10. Vodkawater

Vodkawater Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,796 / 1
    The water level in the main pool is a little too high. I'm surprised the resort hasn't addressed the issue yet. That being said, the rooftop pool doesnt have this problem. People really should check it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice