Trip Report - Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by enk_bos, Feb 16, 2019.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Yeah, no idea what that was about.

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I know as soon as this hit the age thing, it was going to go all over, and people would be a bit more sensitive. They did say they were over 40, but I am not sure how it's an issue one way or the other. I would figure under 24 might not get what they are looking for at Temptation, but everything outside that is game. I have found plenty of groups in their 30s, 40s, 50s, etc.

I think the main things I took from the review were:

1. Cell phones and videos being taken often was a problem. (which I do agree with)
    2. This resort wasn't enough for someone fully into and looking for a vacation that's the LS and/or the exhibitionist scene. (which I personally wouldn't be looking to be involved in or see the bulk of my stay.)

The things I was most confused on were:

1. The resort pre-reno wasn't a sex and nudity free-for-all. Yes, security was looser before (and like John said that really changes week to week), but the rules and concept hasn't changed much.
    2. Frat boys ? - I don't think wearing a bathing suit that isn't square cut or a brief is that crazy. Depending where you are from those types of suits in public are much more rare. Muscle tank tops....sorry I have muscles and wear tank tops on a tropical vacation. Honestly what is the alternative? I'm not wearing a tee-shirt, and a light poolside short sleeve button-down, though looks nice, would be literally worn and thrown on a chair within 10 minutes of getting to the pool.
    3. Tattoos - lots of people have tattoos of meaningful words. And if they spoke other languages, you would imagine they would be in their native tongue.

I am not defensive, and honestly appreciate the time you put into writing this review. It may be helpful helping people set some expectations that don't know what's what. To others reading this thinking these pain-points are critical, the Desires might be more suited to your needs.

(also guys remember, just cause it's someone's first post doesn't make it bogus or irrelevant. People might use this site for their research and never say a thing before their trip. But than take the time to write a review and talk on the forum post their Temptation experience. We wouldn't ostracize, or question the authenticity of, someone who's first post after their visit was a glowing review.)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  3. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    I'm confused. On one hand the post was lamenting the fact there is clearly not enough PDA or outright sex to be seen or participated in, and that the resort "fails to deliver an environment where adults can play". In the same post there are numerous references to "lonely boys" who chat up any ladies given a chance, not in simple, friendly conversation but instead in a thinly veiled attempt at sexual conquest. Apparently I do not understand the dynamics of a lifestyle resort open to PDA or sexual activity where conversation from other guests is also considered blatantly offensive. I'm not sure how one can happen without the other first. It's difficult to ask for something then blame the mechanism to potentially make it happen. It's also incredibly condescending to deride other guests for their age, shape, or something so inconsequential as their choice of swimwear. Or perhaps I should put it in the words of the original post which are "You. Are. Pathetic."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
  5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Read point number 7 in the post. The OP made a claim in his trip report that his wife was constantly hit on every where she went. I don’t buy it. The video was a depiction of that.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4

Yep, that pretty much my take on it too. You want an atmosphere where sex can happen anywhere, but are offended when your wife gets propositioned. My guess is she really isn’t “all that,” and the guy is just a d’bag.

Course I could be wrong, but anyone I’ve mixed with at TTR wouldn’t resemble his original post.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. Chails

Chails Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    We went for our first time over new years. We had a great time, and honestly didn't really see any of this as an issue. I think what you mentioned was there, but it did not bother us. A few of my thoughts for anyone seeing this post as a deterrent from making this trip:
    -Cell phones- I am the owner of a large business and unfortunately had to check my cell 3-4 times per day. I did it away from the pool with the phone laying on a flat surface to show I was not taking pics. We dislike the pic takers as much as anyone, but also realize some have to have them with us in the pool bag due to our jobs/family.
    -Lifestyle stuff- We witnessed plenty of it and it was there if you wanted it. Most of these folks were not unattractive and old. It just happened in the rooms, not out in the open. Im sorry if you weren't invited. There were old and unattractive people there like any LS or non-LS resort, but that didn't bother anyone a bit.
    -Plenty of guys hit on my wife but I trust my wife, so it does not bother me. Use it to boost yourself, not piss you off.
    -Yes, the music does suck at times, but a lot of people were dancing while we were there. It wasn't an all out rager with 90% of the people dancing, but I didn't see much of an issue there.
    -I would guess that there were more aggressive single guys there than your liking. And I get that.
    -I saw a lot of people keeping to themselves on the "sidelines" at the pool and at bash. To each their own, but I would hope those people aren't there just passing judgement or too afraid to make conversation with anyone. At that point there isn't too many people to blame but yourself.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. scott/jen

scott/jen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Wow. Pretty judgmental. Good luck finding a better resort that fills your needs.

9. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    I'm 31 and I wish I could get my ass to look like that. But I like eating pizza and drinking beer too much. So I settle for a little bit of cellulite and hip dips Haha

10. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    I agree with the Cell Phones!!! People are just crazy with them and it kills the vibe with the party... Unfortunately it only getting worse..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice