Trip Report - Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by enk_bos, Feb 16, 2019.

1. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    And with no Avatar (photo).
    Also quite interesting!

And WTF are us over 50 crowd to think???
    I think dead comes after ederly...lol!

Actually everyone experiences something different from trip to trip and are entitled to their opionions.
    It does really sound like a bad week though.
    Personally have not had a bad one and don’t want one either.
    Vaca/holiday time and money is too precious to waste and not to have a great experience.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  2. Cindy&Dave

Cindy&Dave Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 1

Dead comes after elderly? I was at least hopeful for a drool and diaper phase to get back at my kids :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    I already do that!

But actually what is the one word description if 40’s is ederly for each: 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s?
    60’s is in the norm.
    And yes I have met several in 70’s and 80’s at TTR.

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    One of the most hilarious and cool guys we've ever met at TTR was on our 2nd trip there in 2009. 84 y/o Scot named Scot. BBrought his 40-ish secretary with him, off of whom he was regularly found doing body shots.

He won the lingerie Night competition.

Yes, you read that right.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  5. LionsNzebras

LionsNzebras I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0
    Remember Bill and his wife (RIP) he was fucking awesome, and at least 50!

6. shaw&sher

shaw&sher Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 1
    If you find another resort with the same party atmosphere as TTR let us all in on the secret. The world will beat a path to that place.
    The only others that I know of are Desire and Hedo.

7. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    We are in our mid 30s and find the crowd that’s older than us way more fun to party with. To some people they may see a negative but as far as we are concerned there is way more fun to be had.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  8. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    While "some" of the younger people may have more eyeball-appeal (not always true as my own hot lady mows down the 20-something competition) we've found that partying with folks 35+ is MUCH more fun than the sub-35 crowd, for a bunch of "Just Don't Give a Shit" reasons.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  9. FreezingCold

FreezingCold Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +369 / 0
    Thanks for the interesting write up. The only concern I share is the phone thing, but based on the rest of the post I’m leaning towards things might not be as earth shatteringly awful as you describe .

My lovely wife falls into your “elderly” classification. Her repulsive, senior citizen backside can be found in our avatar and album. Our apologizies if her picture offends you, I know old people are gross and smelly. Guess what? she’ll be dancing at Bash, even if the dance floor isn’t packed (only possible due to the confidence that comes with old-age, to be sure ).
    I remember in middle school it was so embarrassing at dances when no one else was on the dance floor. Hopefully all the young whippersnappers who are just standing around watching won’t get too disgusted at us old fogies prancing around not really caring what others think. It’s actually probably due to the early onset Alzheimer’s. Just be thankful you have the mental capacity and social awareness to not embarrass yourself in front of others.

At some point during the day, usually right after I finish my Ensure, I’ll go searching for the shuffleboard courts and my wife will head to the gym. Luckily, she’s one of the elderly guests at Temptation so everything should be ok. BUT, if someone dares approach her and attempts to strike up a *gasp* conversation, she’ll use a granny-style roundhouse kick to that dastardly mans testicles. How dare he even think of communicating with other humans? We’re just so thankful you guys survived that interaction. In Mexico, words have been known to sexually assault folks, and in some cases actually impregnate them.

You guys sounds like really fun and easygoing people, sorry we missed you! Lol

In all seriousness, sorry you had a bad experience. It just doesn’t sound like Temptation is the place for you—it’s not for everyone that’s for sure.

It’s our favorite place on earth and we’ll be there in 5 weeks unless we break a hip slipping on the ice after Bingo night.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Brilliant and classic. I wish I would have thought of that.... dammit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice